New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

A new member story

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 07:40 PM
Default A new member story

ON june 21st i bought a 1978 camaro. I bought it from a lady that originally bought it in 1977. The car was sitting in her yard for about 5 years because she told me she smelled gas so she was scared to drive it. Me and my dad looked for the leak and all it was...was a cracked fuel line going to the carb. took us about 15 min the fix and put the new fuel line. With the car there is no MAJOR problems with it so we went for it. The car was sitting in the middle of her yard in the beaming sun with no cover and no tree cover. So the dash is warped the back window tray is peeled and rotted. The car was repainted about 5 years ago but has stains on it but after a few waxes it should be fine. Get this the car was sitting so long algae was growing on the grill so when i got home i scrubbed it off and painted it a flat black and it looks pretty good. The engine is a 305 and runs practicly perfect. In the first week i owned it i got a new master cylinder and the brake lines replaced. under the hood there is minor surface rust over basically everything, so i took the air cleaner off painted it black, took the cover over the radiator off painted it black and soon i'm going to get the alternator and powersteering brackets. I plan the make the scheme of the engine black with chrome/stainless steel bolts...After a couple paychecks i'm going to get a 4 barrel carb. and a intake to match it. I'm open to suggestion on easy things to do to make it look, sound, and get more horse power in easy ways. I'll upload some of my pictures later.