New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New member seeking advice! Pics Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Default New member seeking advice! Pics Up

[align=left]Hello to my new family of fellow bowtie lovers!, I LOVE THE SITE AND AM PROUD TO BE A MEMBER, I look forward to better edjucating myself through the advice and knowhow of the supermembers and others who answer the questions and offer there advice.
Ok now that i have givin credit i would like to introduce myself, My name is Andy, i am 23 years old as of 2-10-08, i live in missouri, i have two kids, a girl who is three, and my son is seven months. I am very happily married to there mother, we have been together eight years!
I have always loved everything chevy! i have a 1997 extended cab silverado, a 2007 four door cobalt (family car), and now i have saved up long enough i think i might be able to purchase my first ever camaro! my favorite camaro has allways been late 70's earlie 80's. I think i have found one and i will be going to take pictures of it tonight and posting them asap! i would love to hear any advice you guys have to offer and weather or not it is as good of a deal as i think it is or not.
The Car: It is a 1981 z-28, original a 4-speed 305 car. it is silver with black lettering on the outside and gray interior. Interior is immaculent, no tears, stains, or other blemishes the only thing wrong is that the headliner is missing, and the tach is not currently operational. all other gauges and buttons on inside work. No t-tops and it has crank widows. but both doors open easy and shut tight.
The Engine Was a 305 but original owner swapped for a 327 from what i understand it has double hump heads, ported and polished. It is a balanced/blueprinted motor. has edelbrok intake/carb. Mild cam you can hear it some, Starts and runs awesome, but i have not been able to drive it at all because the current owner says the car has never been muddy and it has been nasty weather here lately. Thats all i know about the motor it is still a four speed which seems to go into and stay in all the gears. VERY SMOOTH TRANNY
Exterior: Original wheels are not in great shape but there are aftermarket wheels on the car that are perfect shape but they are ugly and will have to be taken off very soon after i buy it! driver door was hit buy a lawn mower and krinckled a lil, passenger door has a door ding in it. the paint on the front of the car has some peeling. it is original paint.i will include this in the pics.I will be buying it from its second owner and he bought it from the original owner about three months ago befor he got into irs trouble. I have negociated the price down from 6k to 4300 but only have two weeks to buy it if i dont then he said he will keep it! please give me your honest opinion i can take it. THANX pics here.........V
http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg297/karlisdad2005/

[/align]

Old 02-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Default RE: New member seeking advice!

looks good to me...

The speedometer might be able to be easily fixed.

Having a great interior is something that can make a price go way up. The interior of mine was crap and I basically started from scratch. You have to figure that if the interior was bad you would spend for new stuff at least 1500 to fix everything.Interior door panel reproductions could run you 300-500..and then another 400 for good custom seat covers

Good body, orginal coat of paint (be lucky you won't ever have to strip it off). Sounds like a good deal for 4300... 6k seems abit high though unless there aren't many miles on it. Post some pics... maybe it is worth 6k+ depends on how good it is.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:01 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

no pics? By the owner saying its never been muddy is a good sign, means there shouldnt be much rust, if in fact its never been muddy.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:02 PM

the car has about 67k miles on it.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I think it's a good deal, and you can make into a project car and since it's driveable you can just work on it when you please and still cruise around with it.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:43 PM
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the site.