New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

new here

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010 | 11:44 PM
|
Default new here

whats up guys, I'm new here. I got a 95 camaro 3.4 ltr recently. I love it, so far my mods are a flowmaster muffler, and a cheap autozone cai. I'm thinking gears, and full exhaust for my next mods. I'm not sure how to post up pictures, I have a couple I took with my phone. Once I figure it out, I'll put up some pics.

I'm here to chill, and learn somethings from you guys, and check out all the nice rides here. I'm also here because I have a rivalry (friendly) with my older brother. He has a Cobra, I can't remember the year but he said it's supercharged from ford. I already tried to race him once in my camaro, and it didn't go all that well. LOL, I need to figure out what mods I need to be able to beat him and shut him up. I think that's about it, I'm diggin the site, hope to talk to you guys soon.

I'm hoping for a more welcoming community here, I tried to join up with another camaro site. Most of them just talked down to me because I don't have a v8???

Old 08-28-2010 | 12:03 AM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome aboard. No one here is gonna dog you for having a v6 lol. I also have a 3.4... And let me tell you, there's no way you'll ever be in Cobra territory with a v6. Especially if it's supercharged. Unless you have about $15k to drop into it for boring the cylinders and putting forced pistons in it along with a good size turbo, cam, different tranny, and new gears out back with posi. Sorry to burst your bubble lol. I'm not talking down on you for having a v6. I love mine. But hey, kill some ricers with it and love what you got right? lol I mean your brother is probably pushing 300hp to 400hp and your Camaro has about 150hp. It IS possible if you have the money. Plus it's more impressive to watch a v6 Camaro take down a supercharged Cobra lol. So start saving Either for the turbo set up or dropping 2 extra cylinders in there lol. Good luck!

Last edited by Chaotic94; 08-28-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-28-2010 | 12:55 AM
|

Originally Posted by Chaotic94
Welcome aboard. No one here is gonna dog you for having a v6 lol. I also have a 3.4... And let me tell you, there's no way you'll ever be in Cobra territory with a v6. Especially if it's supercharged. Unless you have about $15k to drop into it for boring the cylinders and putting forced pistons in it along with a good size turbo, cam, different tranny, and new gears out back with posi. Sorry to burst your bubble lol. I'm not talking down on you for having a v6. I love mine. But hey, kill some ricers with it and love what you got right? lol I mean your brother is probably pushing 300hp to 400hp and your Camaro has about 150hp. It IS possible if you have the money. Plus it's more impressive to watch a v6 Camaro take down a supercharged Cobra lol. So start saving Either for the turbo set up or dropping 2 extra cylinders in there lol. Good luck!

Aww damn, that sucks. I next to poor, so any heaving modding like that is out of the question for right now. Oh well, you're right, I do love what I got. Maybe someday I'll be able to smoke a cobra, but for now like you said I'll just look to bust a few ricers. Thanks for the straight skinny man.

Old 08-28-2010 | 10:40 AM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will fit right in here with this bunch.

Old 08-29-2010 | 12:26 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hay welcome to the forum. enjoy the forum. yah you dont want to pay for insurance on a v8 yet. put that money into some wheels and a good sound sytem.

Old 08-29-2010 | 12:27 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

^Agreed!

Old 09-07-2010 | 03:33 PM
|

thanks for the welcome guys

Old 09-08-2010 | 01:36 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum, you could build that V6 up with a turbo and then a shot of NOS that could potentionally get a win over your brother, but that's expensive and I don't think it would make for a good daily driver.