New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New Guy From NY

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Default New Guy From NY

Hey everyone, I am looking into buying a the 2010 Camaro in June and had some questions. I have never drove stick before. The last two cars I had were a 2000 GMC V8 Sierra and my current one is a 2007 V4 Malibu.. Yea I know going from a nice truck to a stupid sedan really sucked but now I want that V8 feel again. But I have never drove stick and all my friends say that if I do not get stick then its a waste of money. I know about the difference in stick and automatic and I guess I can believe that every muscle car needs to be stick but I guess its really buyers choice? Can anyone help me out?

I am going to buy the 1SS (with the RS package of course) in June and I was also wondering if it was possible to get those four gauges installed. I know that the 2SS has them standard and also in the other 2 V6's. Thanks everyone.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:25 AM

Welcome. Nothing wrong with an automatic, I've had cars and trucks with both and am spoiled with an automatic now and won't get either without it. And yes I believe you can get the gauges in the 1SS.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:43 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Welcome. You can get the gauges in the 1SS. Enjoy your stay