New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 09:26 AM
Default New guy

Hi All, great site ,lots of info. Been reading threads all morning, good stuff. I help my sic, BIL and his bro with their Gen 4's, His is an 02 SS with a few mods, haven't "played" with that one yet, the other is a 94 5spd with a bunch of stuff done... Am just starting to sort it out, he got it used and aint sure of all the mods done. It is fast lol He just spent the $$ for long tube Kooks..! wow they are $$! Got the oil leaks to fix, off with the WP and Opti.. fun times for sure.
Last time was the rear bks and found the rear is not quite a posi any more.. and it leaks.. I am looking at a 93 6spd today it needs a bit but should get it cheap. is mostly stock but has had some body mods, no door handles! That sucks. If it is sound enough I will get it. Been wanting a toy to play with. Yes the clutch is done , kids learned on it, lost intreast in the car and it has sat a bit.. Does run but will need a bit. I work at a GM dealer so oem stuff shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for a very nice site. Doug.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:44 AM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Welcome to the zoo, I had a '93 Z28 for quite a few years.
You may find that some parts are getting hard to find for these 4th gen cars, many have been discontinued by GM unfortunately and the aftermarket hasn't caught up yet. Kinda sux that you can get anything you want for a 1st gen 50 year old car but an 18-20 year old car not so much.
I love the 4th gens though, I have an '01 SS now and it's a keeper.

Old 06-03-2018, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up. raining here so no test drive, going to look at it soon. Not sure if I will get it or not. needs a bit of work... We will see. Doug.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:32 PM

Will it needs a lot of work, got to talk with the guy and see how much he needs, Not sure of how much these run , it has some kind of body kit and custom paint... will be very hard if at all to match. It is a sound starting point but needs a bit to be road worthy..

Old 06-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6cylrider98
Will it needs a lot of work, got to talk with the guy and see how much he needs, Not sure of how much these run , it has some kind of body kit and custom paint... will be very hard if at all to match. It is a sound starting point but needs a bit to be road worthy..
Non driver and not all stock, if the motor is sound I'd say maybe $500.
I sold my '93 about 2 years ago for $2200,it had a branded title from a minor mishap I had. Insurance totaled the car without even a dent in it because to replace the windshield (not broken just pitted from rocks,got caught in a mud slide) and paint damage. The car had 222,000 miles on it and they didn't want to fix it, cost to repair was about $2700. I fought with them and settled for $2600 cash and giving them back $300 to keep the car.
I had Macco paint the front bumper and bought some turtlewax colored wax with a chip fill crayon for the hood and just lived with the windshield as is. The car still looked pretty good and ran like a scalded dog, had to get a reconstructed title. This pic is what it looked like when I sold it.Everything worked but the AC. Also had a big rock dent in the oilpan but it didn't affect it's running any. I saw it driving down the road just the other day lol,hey! there's my old car! Wife just rolled her eyes and said whatever. She doesn't like my cars heh heh.

Attached Thumbnails New guy-z28-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Y2K; 06-03-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:27 AM

Thanks, that's what I was thinking @500 ,will take @1k or so just to put it on the road in parts alone.. He got it a few yrs ago but lost interest when things broke, just kept driving.. kids..

Old 06-04-2018, 12:47 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

if trans is good it alone is worth 1k or so. real easy to spend 5k rehabbing one off these. 93 has a mess of one year parts that are not so easy to find

Old 06-04-2018, 06:42 PM

Thanks, I have been looking for stuff, inside parts might be a biggie... Not looking to make a show car just a play toy, hit local shows and putt around. Been a long time since my last car, 69 Merc Cyclone.:-). I think with a little wrenching and a few... lol parts it might be a good driver. Will let you know.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by craby
if trans is good it alone is worth 1k or so. real easy to spend 5k rehabbing one off these. 93 has a mess of one year parts that are not so easy to find
That's why a lot of these cars get parted out, worth more in pieces than complete especially not running.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:34 AM

Made the deal I think I did ok. Now the fun begins.lol. Not looking to make a show or race car, just a fun toy to play with and learn a bit for the other 3 that I share the garage with. The owner has a 02 SS auto, has a few things done nice ride, his son has a 99 auto , same has happy gas as well, owners bro has a 94 5spd that has had a bunch done, he bought used ,that's the one I have been working on to get right. Got to get play money up :-) side jobs he I come. Oh and a 66 Charger is in the mess as well.. I think I will sell 2 of my bikes to fund the 93 build.. Cant ride more that one at a time anyway. Have a 98 Valkyrie and have done a bit to it, love that bike. Will get pics when I figure out how to post, and updates as it goes. This should be fun.-)

Quick Reply: New guy