New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New Girl

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 06:39 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

i was 19 when i bought mine... no help from anyone all on my own... just saying

Old 10-10-2010, 01:53 PM

Manda, I am really sorry this is the welcome you're receiving here. I guess no matter where you go there's always going to be someone.... At least here you have a lot of people to stick up for you too (not saying you need it, just letting you know we're here)

Originally Posted by DarkKnight
i was 19 when i bought mine... no help from anyone all on my own... just saying
You mean... except the bank of course. Thank goodness for those loans. Apples to Apples, I was 19... paid cash. I guess we have different definitions of the word "afford". Not to mention different zip codes... could be wrong but I don't think Michigan is currently known for high priced used vehicles.
You have mentioned before that your big issue is when someone tries to pass their car off as something its not. As any knowledgeable buyer knows, you really do have to research a car (by VIN) before buying it. I could see getting upset if she neglects to mention the clone when/if she sells/shows it. I guess if I'd bought a 78.... oh wait... 79 Camaro, I might be a little irritated too. But again, the first thing Manda mentioned was the fact that it is originally a Z. Did you get mad at the guy you met at the car show whos Camaro was badged as a Z28 and was originally an SS? Oh those darn cloners!!! What nerve!!! Or did you remind him to research a car before buying it... the mistake could easily have gone the other way too.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:24 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yeah, don't think our opinions are facts and we hate you or something. Their just opinions and whatever, don't take it seriously.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:40 PM
GTO Killer
LimeKnight

idk why everyone gets all bent out of shape about this topic,,, i was simply saying i wouldnt do it and dont really care for it when people do it, am i going to freak out on her, no she has a nice car, good for her, and i really only think its an issue when you badge incorrectly or you inform incorrectly, and yes i bought a car that was a claimed 78 and ended up being a 79, i bought that car primarily for the engine which i did research and double check to be a fresh cammed 383... so the comparison is not a comparison at all, but its w.e hate me for disliking clones,,, not my problem

Old 04-22-2016, 05:52 PM
4th Gear Member

just can resist to see if anyones still out there from this thread funny these days no one cares,these people don't relize the only difference between a z28 an an SS is the looks an why they are so popular is the look ,no proof ram air works till about 100mph , again all just about the looks I know this thread is old had nothing better to do i could not resist ,anyone can do what ever they want ,even put ss on a v6,wich I would not do,but its up to the person its there car ,I put z28 ss on my now 406 tell me I cant ? you know why couse I could so when a car is sitting there no difference at all ,wonder what happen to the smart ones in these threads

Old 04-23-2016, 08:51 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I do not think digging up a 6 year old "introduction post" that went south is good for anyone.

Anytime you have something you feel is rare and you paid extra money because its rare you will be annoyed if someone takes "short cut" to where you are and makes your car less rare. We have talked about the cloning before. As the car drop in value the argument will get less emotional. Who would care if you cloned your 1980 Chevy Citation to a X11? Most purest hate any damage to an originals and could care less what you do with non-rare, non-original car. Even in the first gen clone haters didn't really show up until the SS's got really valuable because back then it cost more to build a decent clone then it cost to buy one.

This is not just the auto industry. I have heard of art collectors buying and burning really good fake paintings. These guys hate clones worse then car guys. Come on it's art, if it is a good enough clone that a real collector hates it then that in itself means it is good enough for someone to enjoy the image in their home.

Last edited by Gorn; 04-23-2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:01 PM
4th Gear Member

yes I know ss cost more but for real there only a look ,funny the person who started the thread had 0 posts ,an honestly if the forum had more action I would not feel the need to dig this up ,it came from another crazy thread where the person wants help with there the work on there 71 from the other day ,wich was pretty wild if you read it ,to me value meens nothing ,only to the person who owns it ,an now that I have an ss hood I got all the right in the world to put z28 an ss badges on the car ,not for value for looks ,if you look at ebay couse I hear you say the value of thse 4 gens are low not on ebay ,craigs list was wear I found the value cars ,though I did buy mine on ebay in 2008,people that hate clones just got no imagination at all,to me hate is strong word like wanting someone doa ,an there is no reason except jelousy I can imagine .but yes we both no there are deals out there , some think there car couse its a camaro its worth alot couse its 20 now rarely true ,An we know also that some pay alot more then they should pay for a 4th gen,so some take the cars far more serious then others,well thats there choise to sweat it . just like mine or yours to makean ss clone weather its got a ls1 or 406 ,that's why the world gives us all choises that are up to us each .,if you go to hotroders anything goes ,kinda likeable an there is some wild builds,so yes I would take clone over #s badges matching car all day for 20.000 to $60.000 couse for the haters if its about money they don't realy enjoy the car only the money,at the end of the day you got the same car ,mabey in better shape too,i am one of those people that does not like any one to say you cant do it ,I am sure you know what I meen yes

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 04-23-2016 at 03:27 PM.