New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Default New to the forum

Hey people, I am new to this forum but not to the Fbody world; I am still a member of thirdgen.org [had an 89 RS camaro] and before that I had a 97 baseline coupe red. I just purchased this 93 Z28; it is a great car but needs a lot of work and time which since I have spare time on hand when not working I will be taking care of business on it. Scheduled completion of repairs would be hopefully by mid june. I will post before and after pictures of what has been done. Once it has all been complete If anyone is in the Richmond VA area [Glen Allen] we can meet up. Nice to know there are people out there with the same interests as myself.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:42 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hay 93 welcome to the forum. 93 is a unique freak so parts can sometimes be an issue. start up a thread in the 4th gen section and keep us up to date. good to have you with us and enjoy the forum.

Last edited by craby; 11-28-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM
3rd Gear Member

Welcome aboard.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to Camaro Forums

Old 11-29-2012, 06:29 PM

I am glad to be here; Right not getting the bare basics together and found out I have 113k miles on the car not 132k which is great surprise to me. I got the car with bald rear tires. I did find a shop across the street from my place and the guy is giving me a deal on two rears used for right now. If you saw the pictures for some reason the last owner put T/A rims on the car but I will change those to aftermarket 16s [dont want to go any higher because taller tires look awful on these cars and its too ghetto].

I will post a thread in the forum with my ongoing project but first get the basics done [needs new rack and pinion. I will take pics of the interior as well before I do any work.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:36 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

17s look good, thats what allot of the guys are using, me included and 18s can look ok if done right.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the info about the 17s, I might try them out but want some old school rims just so keep the classic look outside; what do you think about swapping in a Trans Am/Firebird dash; not the gauge cluster just the dash I want a 97 to 99 dash cluster and try to find a mileage counter close to mine. 113.5k which isnt bad but I really need to replace the center console the guy trashed this one. I will start doing the repairs in Feb because of unexpected misc. bills popping up in Jan but I am right now concerned with the car being able to pass inspection in Richmond. There are a few things that do not work which in Feb is when the inspection expires. The multifunction switch on left side of steering column (when you use the right turn signal is functions intermittently) as well as the high beam switch is not functional (that's probably why the previous owner put in high beam lights in the low beam sockets). I want to replace the factory wiring for the headlights to HID lights for better viewing at night. I still have no temp gauge in dash cluster but from driving it and not having a stereo (one in dash is broken) but I can hear the headers and exhaust. I will make a video of everything before I do any real swapping. The exhaust does rattle under near the catalytic converter (was told by my brother who is a mechanic I trust, that he put a 3 and half inch from headers to the cat. I am thankful that the engine was rebuilt and the trans has a shift kit in it [saves me money from doing it myself] and the rear has I think a taller gear but not sure though. The guy I bought it from used it as an every once in a while toy and when there was work that needed to be done he took it to a family member that owns a garage so he could not tell me much at all. Not even what kind of oil was put in it. So when I go to do the oil change I am putting full synthetic pennzoil and adding lucas oil stabilizer [I used it on my 89 and 97 I owned along time ago].

Let me know if you have any suggestions about the interior (trying to make the outside look showroom (need to replace the hood, nose, maybe both fenders, the rear quarter panels and rear end). I know it is a lot of money but if I can find atleast a black donor car I can replace em cheap then just go get it painted and have everything match). I only paid $2500 for the car which is a great deal since I did price out how much a replacement 4L60 trans with shift kit and a complete engine rebuild would cost. I consider the 2500 I paid was for that work alone and the car was free.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:15 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

dash for a 97 will fit but some changes would need to happen for the gages to work. you may want to keep an eye out for a 97 z28 with a blown or missing motor, trans from 93 wont work in a 97

Old 12-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Welcome to the Forums. Glad to have you here with us.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Welcome to the forum, post up some pics of the car when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: New to the forum