New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New to Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Default New to Forum

I've owned Camaros for 20 years. Needless to say, I find them extremely reliable and I like how they look. I'm not the type that thinks of a vehicle as just something to get from point A to point B. I love my cars much more than that.

I'm not a gear head, but I'm not an idiot either and I've fixed minor things on my own cars in the past. I joined the forum because my daughter just wrecked our 95 teal 4th gen Camaro (this is the SECOND ONE for pete's sake) and this time I don't have the money to flip it so we're going to try to fix it ourselves (there was only liability on it - stupid stupid stupid).

Hoping you guys can help answer some questions for the less engine-ly inclined. It's really only body damage and a new battery that needs fixing but man... I hate messing with electrical stuff!

Old 09-16-2011, 12:22 AM

Hey dragonfly, give yourself a pat on the back for attempting to accomplish what alot of women wont even try to start. I have this uncanny nack for knowing what's wrong with my Camaro by her symptoms. I know it sounds crazy but i've always had this es sense with my vehicle and its repairs. You can get alot of the info you need from the manufacturer of the body parts whether theyre oem chevy or ? anyway, I know the parts dealer in Elk Grove where I live had a schematic for replacing the inside console that I really, really needed. Go make friends with the local Chevy dealers parts guys they have the Bible for repairs and replacements. Dont worry about electrical stuff after youve disconnected the battery and then again when you connect it.Their schematic even tells you where to put those little clips that fall out occasionally but are totally necessary.
My husband and I have replaced the window remote motors and didnt electrocute ourselves. Go for it and Good Luck lol