New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New 69 Camaro Owner - Tampa Bay, Florida

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 09:58 AM
Default New 69 Camaro Owner - Tampa Bay, Florida

Hello fellow Chevy Camaro owners!
This is my first time on CamaroForums.com. Glad to be here.

As the title of this post suggests, I am a brand new 1969 Camaro owner. I bought her from a long-time friend who's father gave it to him back in the early 1980s as a graduation gift. A year ago, he moved to a new town and could no longer store her, so now I am the new owner.

She is a base model (i.e., not an RS or SS model). She is in rough shape. I chide my friend for not taking care of her every chance I get. She used to have a vinyl top, originally gold in color, so you can imagine the condition of the roof when I ripped off the old, tattered vinyl... Swiss cheese!

I will post a second time re: she won't start, but I will tell my story here a bit in case someone would like to comment. She has a 350 in her now, fairly new actually. She wants to turn over... She has brand new plugs in her (not new wires though) and well, she will not turn over. I've been told to change the distributor cap and check a few other things...

What I would love is sort of a check-list of things to check and/or replace to get her to start, if anyone would care to help a fellow Camaro owner...

As for what I want to do with her as I slowly restore her... I'd LOVE to change her over to an SS model, leaving the 350 small block in there, put on some new 'shoes' and a new 'dress' and enjoy her for a while.

I am NOT upside down on this car, so far. I paid, well lets just say I stole her. Thanks for the help guys/gals.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:28 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome, and congrats on getting the best year Camaro ever!!
I posted helpful info in your other thread, we can build on that one instead of doubling up in here.