New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

New to 2nd Gen Camaros from Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Default New to 2nd Gen Camaros from Indiana

New to 2nd Gen Camaros

Ive Been lurking around this site and others like this one for a while and finally stumbled on a 71 Camaro it needs a lot a work, its a nun running car and need about every panel replaced to do it right, but its all there with a non matching 350, 12 bolt but im excited. I love the look of the 2nd Gen Camaros. I was searching around at different sheet metal suppliers like Tabco and AMD and would apprecated any pointers on the best sheet metal for Camaros. My plan is to make a really nice big block cruiser I have a 72 402 that Ive been collecting parts for, now I have something to put it in.

My plan is to start with the rear of the car and make my way to the front I would like to replace the bad panels if I can with good metal. I have a 402 (needs rebuilt) with a 350 tranny rebuilt ready to go in. I want to make a streetable cruiser that will lay rubber from light to light every now and again but I want it to be worthy of car shows as well pretty much done right. I know I'll have more in it then the car will be worth when Im done but I'll take my time so I may as well do it right....I wonder what a LS swap would be like.

Thanks in advance

Calvin

Now if I can only add a few pics

Old 10-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to Camaro Forums, Calvin. If you ever have any specific questions about the car, feel free to post up in the 2nd gen tech section.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:43 AM
3rd Gear Member

Welcome!

Old 10-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by Cdub270
New to 2nd Gen Camaros

Ive Been lurking around this site and others like this one for a while and finally stumbled on a 71 Camaro it needs a lot a work, its a nun running car and need about every panel replaced to do it right, but its all there with a non matching 350, 12 bolt but im excited. I love the look of the 2nd Gen Camaros. I was searching around at different sheet metal suppliers like Tabco and AMD and would apprecated any pointers on the best sheet metal for Camaros. My plan is to make a really nice big block cruiser I have a 72 402 that Ive been collecting parts for, now I have something to put it in.

My plan is to start with the rear of the car and make my way to the front I would like to replace the bad panels if I can with good metal. I have a 402 (needs rebuilt) with a 350 tranny rebuilt ready to go in. I want to make a streetable cruiser that will lay rubber from light to light every now and again but I want it to be worthy of car shows as well pretty much done right. I know I'll have more in it then the car will be worth when Im done but I'll take my time so I may as well do it right....I wonder what a LS swap would be like.

Thanks in advance

Calvin

Now if I can only add a few pics
Hi Calvin,

Welcome to the awesome online community present here. Congrats on your Camaro acquisition too. I hope it's get back running for you soon!

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Old 10-18-2013, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to CF....