New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

My new toy

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Default My new toy

Hello everybody. My name is Adam and I am fairly well known through out the internet as Insulinboy. I'm a member of several motorcycle enthusiast forums (local GSB boards, thundercat forum, and the Yamaha RD/RZ forum) as well as a few car forums (Datsun Z car forum and the S-10 forum) I am a big fan of the old 1970 body style chevy Nova and the first and second generation Camaro (sorry the later ones just never did it for me, nothing agenst those that fancy them) I have recently hit the jackpot for me by landing myself a 1982 Chevy S10 tow vehicle with a 305 V-8 and a turbo 350 trans (thats eventualy going to be a 350/350 package) and a 1976 Chevy Camaro LT that I will be building into a dedicated Bracket racer. I have been looking for a nova or camaro body style car for quite some time and had settled on a 1983 Datsun 280ZX untill I found out how much it was going to cost me to repair the rot in the body and build a tube chasis for the car. Now I've gotten my hands on a very abused 1976 Chevy camaro that I think I paid way to much money for. The transmition doesnt shift into reverse and the fuel pump is buggerd, the front glass has a giant crack, drivers window is gone, front seats are pretty well shreaded and I think at $900 for the car I got hosed. Its got some rot on it but over all its nothing that a few patch panels arent going to fix. My friends think I'm crazy but I think the car is beautiful and I cant wait to gut the interior, get the racing seats and harness's in the car and get her painted up a raven black color with a bright metalic red pinstripeing. I do have some pics of the car of course and hope ya'll can appreciate it as much as I do. I will probobly be selling the majority of the interior and other bits and pieces that I wont need from the car to race. Likely the stock intake and carb, alternator, seats (if there worth anything, the rears are in nice shape) Dash pieces,radio, ect, ect. Hopefuly I can get some help getting the pieces I need for the nose here as well. The fender extensions are missing from the front, as is the honeycomb. I have the broken off piece of the nose though other than that and it seems some fiberglass repair should be enough to put it back togeather.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:29 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: My new toy

Welcome. 900 sounds about right. looks like some old vette rims are on it. You will find alot of knowledge here and we have a for sale/trade section that might net some parts for you. Check out www.classicindustries.com for some of the parts as well.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:46 AM
2nd Gear member

Welcome brother

Old 01-31-2008, 04:35 PM
4th Gear Member

welcome!

Old 01-31-2008, 09:48 PM
3rd Gear Member

Hope you enjoy your camaro! Welcome.