New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

My new 2002 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 04:07 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 1998SilverMaro
I painted my calipers and bough some sticker inserts for the nose and rear pannel
i was gonna suggest the same thing but you beat me to it. got black inserts for the back of mine, & i'm gonna do the calipers hot pink with a g2 caliper paint kit. i'm thinking about getting silver inserts for the grill, still undecided.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:33 PM

thats the kind of help i like. i really like those inserts but i have to debate about what color i want since my ride is maroonish. is there a sticky for the brake calipers cuz i honestly never messed much with them

Old 02-16-2010, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear member

well if i still had that color camaro, i'd go with black inserts. but it depends on how much contrast you want, and what kind of color scheme you might want to create. i got black inserts for my silver car. the color scheme i'm going with is silver, black, and hot pink.
there are also vinyl overlays for your emblems available on ebay if you want to change the color up.
i'm not sure about a sticky for calipers, i haven't seen one around.

Last edited by montecarlogrrl; 02-16-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i can take a pick of where my grill where i painted in the Camaro part in silver. I couldent find the grill emblems on ebay so i just painted mine and bough the back ones. I did silver on the grill and black on the back part. front looks good its amazing how much it stands out

Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 1998SilverMaro
i can take a pick of where my grill where i painted in the Camaro part in silver. I couldent find the grill emblems on ebay so i just painted mine and bough the back ones. I did silver on the grill and black on the back part. front looks good its amazing how much it stands out
yeah those are the colors i want, i'd like to see a pic of yours if you don't mind & what did you paint it with? i did find silver inserts for the grill on ebay but wasn't sure how well they would stick on the grill.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by montecarlogrrl
why bash a fellow camaro owner?
maybe you should read this before the mods ban you ----> https://camaroforums.com/forum/93-02-v6-tech-14/weeks-special-26091/
im not "bashing" anybody you freak, but its the same if someone say i like harley's and buy a bicycle...

a v6 is worlds away from a muscle car...

thats not bashing, thats thinking logic. why would i get banned for that? haha

Old 02-17-2010, 03:19 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Good question. Let me think about it....

edit: I thought about it and re-read the post. I guess it comes down to context and opinion. You have a different idea of what 'American Muscle' is than someone else, so there really is no fault there. The context is what is drawing my attention, you see when I wrote that there was a string of members doing similar things, but it was how they were doing it. If today was then... you would be reading this as a 'guest'... but things have calmed down. You did however say that in a way that someone could have been insulted (maybe - I just happened to be lurking and found this) so I reccomend just thinking before typing. Otherwise... enjoy the forum.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:45 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by ppr787
im not "bashing" anybody you freak, but its the same if someone say i like harley's and buy a bicycle...

a v6 is worlds away from a muscle car...

thats not bashing, thats thinking logic. why would i get banned for that? haha
well i prefer a v8 but to each their own i guess. so maybe i misinterpreted your post. honest mistake.
but the name-calling isn't really necessary. i was just posting as an FYI, because some people come here and end up just bashing other people.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:07 AM

would not insult someone for THAT. please!! it was just funny to read that. by the way. i like muscle but i drove all europe and japan turbos too back in europe and i know that no muscle will ever be fast enough without turbo or compressor, so i gonna get a twin turbo kit for my 5,7. they are just too heavy.

im not spending time in this forum here so much anymore since i get all my info in the other one. so good luck with the v6 .

Last edited by cplthomas; 02-19-2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: removed link.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:22 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Oh, there will be no 'you freak' either... sorry I missed it.

Quick Reply: My new 2002 Camaro