New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Just a "Hello" from TN

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Default Just a "Hello" from TN

Like it says.
I bought a 94 Z28 from a guy that needed car seat room. He had replaced the auto with a 6sp and I am trying to get it presentable.
I don't know how much of this car is stock, but hope to get it in show shape sooner or later. As with other older cars, I'm getting the GM "part no longer referenced or in stock" routine. It isn't a daily driver, but is a hoot to throw around the local curves and I don't want a clunker.
The car has the usual 17 yr old issues (interior parts worn or cracked), but so far I've managed to find most of what I need.
TTops and gaskets are all in good shape (thank God), repaint is decent, but swirled about normal.
So hello to the forum!
TG
OH, BTW, If anyone has a good 6sp shifter console/surround, I'm interested!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:07 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum, post up some pics. Try GMpartsdirect.com and then ebay, and when all else fails, google search.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Smile

I need to get some good shots to post!
Since I haven't worked on many 4th Gens, there is a learning curve to this design. A friend had a 69 drag car that we worked on, but it was carburetion and dual point distributor. Most of the Chevy stuff I drive now, I don't have time to work on. It's for work and has to run asap, so it's dealer service.
My dad's 2009 truck had to go in for an oil pressure problem and the mechanic was showing me the design of the heads and intake. A classic double-take. It has the 4-8 cylinder cutout option. The intake ports look
like McD arches. Heck of a design.
My car is an LT1, and I spent a few minutes looking for the distributor!
I'd heard of the design of these engines, but never thought much about it.
It has some running issues to straighten out, but nothing serious. It DOES have a habit of breaking loose with the tires I have now.
What I love is it is a looker, drives good, runs good and will probably tow my Fiero Pace Car faster than the Pace will top out (my Pace car DID get me some track time at Indy one year though). I need to get some wind and road noise under control and I'll be way happy.