New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Just a hello and thank you

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 08:06 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Just a hello and thank you

Hello. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is B.j. and I am a Camaro owner....sounds like a introduction to a help group, well, considering my wife thinks I need help for my automotive addiction it is fitting then.

My camaro, It started out as a basketcase 1969 something. I bought it for 1500 bucks in 99' from a friend who had to much to drink one night and was complaining about his "pile of crap camaro" that he was sick of. So I told him I'd buy it, how much, that much, cool. a quick glance at the wife to make sure she wasn't looking and I wrote a check for it then and there. At least he didn't change his mind in the morning. And at least the wife didn't kill me over the it.

It came as a rolling chassis with no interior, engine or trans. Which is the way I would prefer it. Six long years and a Visa destroyed later I have the Camaro I wanted.

It has a 454 MultiPort Fuel Injected DIS system from Electromotive. March pulley's and cooling fan set up. BeCool rad, Taylor wires, K&N filter on a Jegs cleaner. TH400 built up with a 3:73 Auburn gear posi set up in the 10 inch. The paint was as close to Miller Lite blue you see on the bottle as I could get since enough of them where drank building it. Everything else is about as stock as it came in 69. Little change on the interior, I copied a dash I saw from Year one and have new gauges in and around the dash in the old factory set up. Also put a pair of buckets from a 99 Cavalier. Amazingly, they bolted right up, and are comfortable as hell for my little body.

I have a automotive repair facility in my hometown I own and operate with my father. I'm not here to try and solicit business, but to read about everyone else's love of the Camaro, and help if I can. Thanks for reading this far, Have a good one.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:29 PM
January 2007 ROTM
Default RE: Just a hello and thank you

a quick glance at the wife to make sure she wasn't looking and I wrote a check for it then and there. At least he didn't change his mind in the morning. And at least the wife didn't kill me over the it.
AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey post some pics of this prize when you get a chance ........ would love to see it.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:50 PM
1st Gear Member

AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey post some pics of this prize when you get a chance ........ would love to see it.
Thanks, it was a interesting evening to say the least. I was just amazed that he let it go, and the wife didn't kill me. Now that it is finished she is howling for a Camaro for herself. Which was how I stumbled into these forums. I was trying to find something she would enjoy. She seems to be a Third Gen kind of girl.

I'll work on some pics. Stil trying to get the sig and stuff squared away. In the meantime. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456591/1 I haven't updated it for a looong time because I am always spouting off here www.williesrepair.blogspot.com

Old 08-11-2006, 10:53 PM
January 2007 ROTM

Very nice !! Looks like you have some more toys in your garage as well.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks again. Ya, the collection has grown well over the years and I credit a lot of that to my dad who is always there to egg me on.

Your Camaro is pretty sweet, I would love to get the misses in one of those but $$$ would keep me from it at this moment. Although the bank seems to be happy to give it away

Old 08-11-2006, 11:09 PM
January 2007 ROTM

Your Camaro is pretty sweet, I would love to get the misses in one of those but $$$ would keep me from it at this moment. Although the bank seems to be happy to give it away

Thx for the comment !!!!

Yeah you need to get your wife in one of these and then buy her something else and keep it for yourself !!!!!!!!

Old 08-11-2006, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hawk

Thx for the comment !!!!

Yeah you need to get your wife in one of these and then buy her something else and keep it for yourself !!!!!!!!

Classic, good one. But I'm sure she would catch on and then demand a 07',08' whenever it comes out Camaro.....which actually isn't a bad thing. Ah to dream, it makes life worth while