New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

I"d like to say Hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Default I"d like to say Hello

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to introduce my self. I'm 43 year old happily married father of 2. I have a reccently accuired 1967 rs. I'm tickled to death to have but it is going to need alot of work. I am not very mechanical but by learning from everyone else maybe I will at least now what my mechanic is talking about. Thanks to all in advance.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:28 AM

I have a cool car and go to a lot of car shows, one thing I always try to get through to people is that when you buy an old car you are buying a hobby, because if you half to pay someone to do everything for you it will break your wallet. So learn as much as you can, and try to learn from other peoples mistakes. Its a fun hobby, and car people are some of the greatest people I know. Enjoy.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:20 PM

Thanks l82 ray. That's good advice. I have some local friends trying to teach me as we go. A little here and a little there that i hope will sink in. The one good thing is I'm not in any hurry.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:10 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum Shane, looks like a pretty nice 67 from the pic. Check out the 1st gen tech section as there are a few 1st gen experts on here.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the welcomed advice. I've already been looking around in the first gen section a little.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:57 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Good deal, those guys will take of you there.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:27 PM

Shane-

howdy from another new kid in class. it sounds like you're doing exactly what I would like to (starting from square 1). would you mind sharing a little bit of specifics of your vehicle?

I am 20 and will be graduating college in a year. I'd like to spend a little downtime working on a car before i jump back into grad school. This summer I will start looking to purchase, and I also don't mind taking my time with the project. Really interested to hear how your build goes

Old 12-15-2010, 08:02 AM

First off hello and welcome Mayantaigr, For my car it's not going to be a complete resto, at least not any time soon right now the car is a rough driver that is inspected. Since I have a home a wife and 2 kids this going to be an enjoy as i go but slow process. Right now it's 27* here in PA and with no garage doors no work is being done. I did however pull the rear cover to find i have 4:11 gears. absalutly not for my plans, so my plans are to start from the bottom and work my way up. The rear will get new gears 3:42 or 3:55 with posi, new leafs and bushings and drumb brake rebuilt. That will eventually be matched to a 700r4 that a friend is going to rebuild for me. Then on to the front; new springs and all new poly bushings. new body bushings and probably subframe connectors. Of course there is also minor things that will kreep up as i go. Already happened with the power steering lines [sprung a leak]. I don't think anyone is really going to want to follow my build as it will take years not weaks or months but that is the start of my plan. Thanks for the intrest.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:39 AM

Shane what color is your Camaro?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: I"d like to say Hello