New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hi Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Default Hi Everyone!

Hey there fellow Camaro enthusiasts. You know I've never thought I'd ever get into cars, I'm only 22 years old, a late interest so to say for something like this,but I guess there's a first time for everything. I have many, many hobbies but getting into cars is something else, a real great sense of satisfaction when you do something right and the car runs perfectly, the sounds of the engine...it's just something very unique.Anyone know what I mean? I'm very new to car mechanics andlately I've just been reading a lot and practicingreplacing and fixing some things up on my Honda Accord. I've always known I wanted a classic car but never really found one that I really liked until I saw Transformers. Sillyway of finding a car yes, but I absolutely fell in love with that'76Camaro, correct me if it's really '77. So here I am, going to be asking loads of questions and buggingeveryone like crazy...

So I guess the first question is, does anyone have any goodrestorationbook recommnedations or any other vital reading? I'm currently reading Camaro Restoration Handbook by Tom Currao and Ron Sessions, very easy read for the beginner.
Thanks and I look forward to learning and working with everyone here

Old 08-10-2007, 11:07 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the forums. What are you looking to do? Got a ride yet?

Old 08-11-2007, 12:40 AM

No not yet, it's why I'm here mostly. So far just doing a lot of research and gathering knowledge about tackling a restoration. I'm estimating sometime next Spring I'll have something along the lines of a '75-'77 Camaro to work with. Should be fun. And thanks for the welcome.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:15 AM
June 2007 ROTM

welcome. have fun. ask questions.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:46 PM

Ok ok, I totally just cheated on the idea of a '77 camaro with a '69 camaro...but I mean...wow...

I saw a '69 and I literally had to pick my jaw up from the floor...one day I will have one

Old 08-14-2007, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey, great to have you. There is no age limitation on learing or trying new things. Automotive is just super fascinating. ANd it's a life time of learning and excitement - also asome agony and defeat, but never ever let that stop you. Read everyting and ask a lot of questions and as Blade said, opinions vary. It's gong to be a great ride for you!

Old 08-14-2007, 07:55 PM

Hey thanks Skyrunner, cool name btw.
Which gen camaro do you own?