New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hey Guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:56 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Hey Guys

Well, to start off, I own a V6 2.8L 5-speed 1989 Camaro RS. I just bought it almost 2 months ago, and let's just say... it definitely has a lot of work to be done. I bought it without knowing if it would run for sure because the previous owner had somehow put a hole in the oil pan and tried to MIG weld it, leaving a bunch of crap in the pan. I replaced the pan along with some other parts here and there, and it purrrs .

I have a friend who has a V8 350 engine that he'll probably either give to me or sell for cheap (preferably the 1st ). I'd love to drop that in, but with the way gas prices are regulated nowadays, I'm not too sure.

Now about myself... i'm 17, a senior in high school, and can't wait to graduate! I live in Tennessee, and plan on going to the U of M and majoring in Graphic Arts. I love music, and would absolutely love to do something with that, but the chances of being sucessful in the music industry aren't very big .

This is my first car, and I definitely have some big plans for it. I'll post pictures soon.

Old 09-07-2007, 03:16 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: Hey Guys

Welcome to the forums, looking forward to those pic's.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks for joining

Old 09-08-2007, 08:43 AM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome aboard

Old 09-10-2007, 04:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I uploaded some photo's in the Photo Gallery, but my internet is running extremely slow right now, so i'll upload more later.

It's definitely a project car, thats for sure. I should be painting it sometime within the next month, woohoo!

=]

Old 09-10-2007, 04:49 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Welcome to the boards. Are you gonna make it the same color?

Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah, most likely. I'm either going to paint two black or white racing stripes down the middle. I'm still not sure which I would like better.

I wasn't too fond of the color when I bought it, but it really grew on me, so i'm probably gonna keep it.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome!

3rd Gens rock! You should deffly go with white racing stripes...second of all you need a bigger engine...2.8's are weak

Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Thanks for the warm welcome =].

I wasn't a big fan of the 3rd gens until I bought one, and now I love 'em! and I do agree, I think white stripes would look better. Although, black stripes would probably make it look lower to the ground. It's a toss-up.

Hah, 2.8's are pretty weak, I do admit. I would love to have a 350, but it would totally suck down gas like nobody's business. And for a student in high school, that would suck down a good bit of money. I'm sure it'd be well worth it though!

Old 09-11-2007, 08:59 PM

Well I think you're a little better off than I am... you seem to have more clear coat than I do.

Quick Reply: Hey Guys