New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hey

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Default Hey

Hi every one! My name is Brandon and i just got a 1986 iroc z28 and enjoying it lots, i also have a 2004 nissan sentra so getting out of that and in the camaro is a big difference! So ive been wanting to do some mods to the camaro but dont really know where to start, its got about 209k on it..so I was thinking perhaps a crate engine? Any suggestions or questions feel free to ask, thanks!

Old 08-11-2011, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chaos99
Hi every one! My name is Brandon and i just got a 1986 iroc z28 and enjoying it lots, i also have a 2004 nissan sentra so getting out of that and in the camaro is a big difference! So ive been wanting to do some mods to the camaro but dont really know where to start, its got about 209k on it..so I was thinking perhaps a crate engine? Any suggestions or questions feel free to ask, thanks!
I'd start just by doing a tune up of what you have. Later on just take the motor and trans out and have them both rebuilt.

Welcome to the forums bud

Old 08-11-2011, 09:28 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

why crate motor? you have a good block right there, if you want to change it up a little take it out tear it down a build it yourself. you'll learn a ton about your car, and you wont tear it up later because you put effort and time into it.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:33 PM

i just thought that a crate would be faster, since where i live im not allowed to work on cars..plus i dont really know how to rebuild an engine, ive done some work here and there with all the beaters ive had in the past. so i know a little bit..but the crate engine was just a thought thats all...wanted power fast i guess..

Old 08-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Welcome to the Forums.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 PM

Thanks, the only thing im having trouble with is the fuel pump, i got the car from a guy that couldnt figure it out, the car would run for about 30mins then the pump would start to whine then the car would shut off.. i replaced the pump and the same thing happend..so i took the pump back and got a replacement..this time i replaced the fuel filter, what i should of done in the first place but it worked! for about 2 weeks, now my new pump is goin out again....also when i replaced the old fuel filter there was a ton of crap that came out of it.. i mean a like a cup full of crap...so what could be causing my new pump to go out? help please

Old 08-14-2011, 04:56 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Sounds like trash in the gas tank. Maybe some gas that turned to varnish from sitting too long. Have you checked the filter again?

Old 08-14-2011, 06:43 PM

not yet, im wating for the new pump to come in.. once i get it ill replace the filter and the fuel pump with new ones... after cleaning the tank out... only crappy thing is getting the fuel out of the tank and the lines.. thats the pain in the but part, dropping the tank is the easy part...