New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello from the UK!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Default Hello from the UK!

Evening all

Thought I'd say hi. Had a 1998 Z28 in black for about four years, love it! Standard except for mani back magnaflow, Holden wheels and the usual sub/amp nonsense.

Not many over here of this vintage, always liked the shape though and turns heads and embarrasses a lot of things way out of its pay grade, so keeps me happy. She is off the road in the winter (potholes in the UK are horrendous over winter and it really is a miserable place for a fast car)

Going back on the road though on the 1st April for six months, going to have a few more mods, which unfortunately Id need some answers about!

1) Want to change steering wheel to a momo tuner, but the only boss I can source in the UK is billed as "non airbag only", anyone know if this would fit?

2) Intending to fit BMW parallel wheels to her, 18", anyone know of any pitfalls i should be aware of?

Great forum guys.

Cheers!

John

Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum. I think you're talking about an adapter when you say "boss?" If so, then one for a third gen works for the 4th gens also. They don't advertise one for 4th gens because they come with air bags. Check out the 4th gen tech section for research and to ask more questions.

Oh yeah, post some pics of the ride.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:34 AM

Many thanks.

I shall have a search. The boss Ive found says suitable for camaros from 1969 onward, so hopefully will be ok.

Ta!

Old 03-04-2011, 05:29 AM
3rd Gear Member

Hi John welcome to the forum here,

dont forget to get yourself on

http://www.classiccamaroclubuk.com/phpBB3/index.php

if your not already there, some decent dudes there too.

Where abouts in UK you from? In from West Yorkshire

1) The boss from merlin motorsports will fit the car, i had this checked a while back but you will not have a drivers airbag.

2) Also BMW wheels fit, the parallels should look good, make a note though are NOT allowed M3 ones as I have them on hahahah
You will need some central hub centric rings though 70.3mm to 72.6mm or something just to centralize the wheels but you can do wihtout (i did for a few months) if you centralize the wheels by cross bolting them on .
Check the ET on them along with the width my rears are +24 on a 9j I think and are flush with outer arch and skuff if lowered or a boot full

Luke

Last edited by maudyZ28; 03-04-2011 at 05:32 AM.