New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello from Northern Nevada

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Default Hello from Northern Nevada

Hey guys...new to the forum. I don't actually own a Camaro yet, but I am in the market. I've had Chevys and GM cars all of my life, but had never gotten around to buying my Camaro until now. I keep kicking myself because I had an opportunity to buy a 68 Camaro about 12 years ago for $3,000 (yes it ran), but didn't have the cash at the time. Now, since the prices have skyrocketed, I am looking for an 85-89 IROC Z. In any case, justlearning more about Camaros will be interesting. My current fun ride is a '79 GMC Diablo (El Camino SS).

Old 06-18-2010, 02:26 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

look at forth gens and drive one. youll be hooked. lol. welcome to the forum. enjoy and get er done.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 AM

Thanks for the welcome...my son-in-law had a 4th gen Camaro, and I thought it was nice, but not quite my style...I'm more of an 80's kind of guy. The IROC came out when I was in high school, and only my cousin managed to get one...I have wanted one ever since. Maybe someday when the 4th gen SS gets affordable, then I'll think about it.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 PM

Wow...I made my first post to the intro section on the 12th...that would be 16 days ago, and I have only gotten ONE welcome reply in over two weeks?I thought this forum was supposed to be full of friendly Camaro enthusiasts, but I have seen that this pattern of virtually ignoring new members seems to be an on-and-off again kind of thing. This is a quote from one of the moderators in the intro section...

"All CF Newbies,
Please Post an introduction. We at Camaro Forums want you to enjoy your stay here. All members help eachother out, and without introducing yourself and your ride, we wont know that your active (alive). Make sure you check the forums. With your help, CamaroForums.com can will become the best friendly community of Camaro owners. Also remember to make a Photo Gallery for your car. Just remember to introduce yourself, and enjoy the forums!!!
Signed,
Harold Cloak aka Boost "

So far I haven't seen it, but who knows? Maybe everyone is on vacation...

Old 06-28-2010, 05:35 PM

welcome aboard

Old 06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum. Alot of the members here don't relize there is a new members section and therefore don't get here that often. And most of the members are 4th gen owners, so the other sections might not get many visits. It's not because you're new, don't base it on the couple sections you've posted in. Try the othe topic section, that's usually the most active.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:22 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

kinda makes me feel like chopped cod liver.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by craby
kinda makes me feel like chopped cod liver.
Sorry, that wasn't the intention. I did point out the fact that one person DID welcome me, and that was you, so thank you for being the first.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by greenarrow
Welcome to the forum. Alot of the members here don't relize there is a new members section and therefore don't get here that often. And most of the members are 4th gen owners, so the other sections might not get many visits. It's not because you're new, don't base it on the couple sections you've posted in. Try the othe topic section, that's usually the most active.

That's cool...I actually hadn't expected too many people to check the intro section, but most forums have one so anyone used to using them I would imagine would at least take a look...especially the forum moderators. Might be a good suggestion to the other mods if you really want to create that "friendly Camaro forum" atmosphere. The main reason why I thought it was a little bit odd was that I am in at least 10 other forums online (including a couple more Camaro sites), and in every other case, I got a welcome by the mods within the first day or so.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:29 PM

yeah there is some of all gens in here but the 4th gens are like cockroaches lol
a whole lot of them and they all look the same as a ford probe?
thats the reason firebirds and until recently the camaros were not made anymore until this year.
they lack character IMO and I dont see anything special about them.
But they can be had real cheap! and the do run like a scalded dog.

Quick Reply: Hello from Northern Nevada