New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello, Nice to Meet Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Default Hello, Nice to Meet Everyone!

Hello, I just joined the forums.
I currently am in the process of restoring two second gens. My baby is a Placier Gold 71 sport coupe which currently has a 461ci big block. My other child is an all original 78 Z28. Shes black on black and is currently in a gazillion pieces. I would like to post pictures soon just to get some feedback and advice on my build ups. Its nice to be apart of this forum and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Old 09-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Default RE: Hello, Nice to Meet Everyone!

Hey 71 BB,

It sounds like you have $, Talent, a shop or a combination of these things.
Unfortunately, I don't have any of those things but I do have a love for working on Camaros. I am currently restoring a 2nd gen...which I believe is an F-body, model years 70-81. (please correct me if I'm wrong)
Hopefully we can chat...we might be able to help each other.
Look forward to talking to you.

My car is an 81 camaro that looks bone stock exept for a lowered stance and aggressive tires and rims...it is white

Old 09-10-2004, 12:50 AM
Default RE: Hello, Nice to Meet Everyone!

Jarcat,
Nice to meet a fellow newbie! Sounds like you have a good start for an excellent car. I dont think second gens are given enough credit, my grandfather and I are trying to buy up everyone we can get our hands on. I personally think in the next couple of years the popularity of these cars on gonna skyrocket so HOLD ON TO IT!!!!. Between the two of us when have 4 (a 71 77 78 and an 80) and more parts than we can put anywhere. When it come to the cash, theres none in the bank its all in cars, and I have completed my certification in collision refinishing and automotive restoration. Having this saves alotta cash since I am able to do most of it myself. In the future I'd like to open up my own street rod and restoration shop, but once again the moneys tight.
Nice to meet ya, keep in touch. If ya need any help or advice let me know.
John