New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello from Iowa

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Default Hello from Iowa

Hey guys, well heres the low down....married 12yrs, got a 7 year old boy and a girl who will be 1 in two weeks. Pride and joy. I'm not new to cars by no means, been into cars 17 years now, unfortunately...and this will probably get me banned instantly...it's been Mustangs since high school. I've had them all it seems, 79 Pace car, 82 & 83GTs, 84 SVO, 86 GT,86 convertible, 3 92s and a 93 Cobra. Sold my 86 Convertible a few months back to get a 00 Explorer V8 Limited.

I work for a local custom shop called Clearview Service in Cedar Falls, Iowa if anyone wants to check it out. Started there about 3 weeks ago but I've known these guys since boy scouts and it took them this long to get me on board. Nothing better than getting paid to work on HOT custom cars

So now on to the present.....

I'm probably going to aquire an 84 Z28 from a trade on a motorcycle I'm getting rid of. Anything I should look for? I'm kind of hyped because I've always loved the looks of the 80s Camaros and the interior of this one I love. Needs cleaned up and maybe some replacement covers(which if anyone can lead me in the right direction I'd love it). They are red, with Camaro on them about 4 times on the back. Trade isn't a done deal but it's looking good so I'm preparing myself for it since all my knowledge is in the Ford field. If the deal goes down I'm not going to go crazy with the engine, been there done that. Gonna restore it mostly and use it more of a "date night" car with the wife.

Hope to be talking to you guys more.

Jim

Old 05-15-2010, 08:53 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hay jim welcome to the forum. check as u would any hatch back. rust spots are pretty much universal. lol. good to have ya, now go see whats up with that 84. careful posting links for business could be seen by mod as a spam post.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:04 PM

Sorry about that, didn't even think of that and I hate spam posts! Took the link off and put the company name in, if you want to check it out google it. haha

I'm hoping the car is decent, at least restorable. I'm going crazy not having a project to work on. All came about because I got hit on my motorcycle this spring and doc says no riding for awhile. Screw from bike actually got lodged under the knee cap so until they do surgury I'm stuck on 4 wheels, so I figured why have the motorcycle collecting dust. Hopefully the deal works out. Any suggestions on great places to find resto parts for it? I've checked out Year One and that's about it.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:06 PM

Old 05-15-2010, 09:35 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

oh man anything to do with knees hurts bigtime. got screwed eh. lol. post in the 3rd gen section, the guys on there should put you on the right path. a one time only link is ok its when u have it on every post that the mods will want it to go through admin. dont know if u can get the same parts or not but heres some ive used that have some 3rd gen parts.
http://www.rickscamaros.com/
http://www.spohn.net/shop/1982-1992-GM-F-Body/
http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbymodel.php?ModelID=9
http://www.rmsautoparts.com/