New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello! I Just Bought My First "Muscle Car"

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 12:58 PM
2nd Gear member
Smile

Welcome. I bet it's slow haha.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by tbl76camaro
Welcome. I bet it's slow haha.
haha yea its slow just like every other camaro, muscle is garbage. buy and import w/ some technology

Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Why would someone want to spend 10 grand on a POS 4 banger just to get enough hp to barely keep up with a stock Ls/Lt car?

Old 11-16-2009, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by machine1999z28
Why would someone want to spend 10 grand on a POS 4 banger just to get enough hp to barely keep up with a stock Ls/Lt car?
I think you got that wrong... bud it dont take 10K to make more horse power then a ls1. please also take in to consideration Power Vs Weight Ratio.a Probe making 374 WHP that ways 2,200 LBS will take most of anything on this site unless your pro street. seems like you need to do some home work bud

Here is some examples lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu12FPi-I_w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3sufaPpHY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rmSQHs-e5Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BimRR7YYis4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9wevUrLZ0w

it dont mater technology will always be faster then muscle unless its a dragster

Last edited by -Tommy-; 11-16-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:08 PM
1st Gear Member

You just proved my point BUD.

Vid #1 How much money do you think the civic has under the hood?
The camaro was stock.
BTW How many quarts of oil you think he burned during the last 1/8?

Vid #2 THEIR BOTH DRAGSTERS!!!!!

Vid #3 O.K. I'll give you that one. But seriously it's a highly modified honda vs a stock camaro.

Vid #4 That is a 3rd gen Camaro with a 305. Not a Lt/Ls car. Sounds like you need to do a lil research BUD. Personaly I woulndt be proud of either of those cars. They both look slow as hell to me!

Vid #5 You must have smoked some good s**t if you think that you can compare a Supra to a Probe! Supras aren't 4 bangers. They are twin turbo inline 6-cylinders, with a retail price of over 35 grand. Yet again I ask how much money do you think is under the hood of that car?

Oh yeah I attached a pic of my wifes 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST.

So yeah I DO know a lil about turbo 4 bangers BUD.

We only let the girls drive them around here

Attached Thumbnails Hello! I Just Bought My First "Muscle Car"-082.jpg  
Old 11-16-2009, 07:51 PM

LOL only let the girls drive them around here lol thats good! sweet eclipse. my main point was technology will always be faster then muscle i don't deal with 4 bangers. only V6 on up all my mazdas and probes are V6. I still dont think those little hondas (Btw I hate honda) have 10K wrapped up in them The supra is my dream car and btw the camaro was moving too i didn't expect it to launch that fast lol

But anyways this is isnt a Domestic VS Import thing I have the best of both worlds. and im really starting to like my camaro now that I have power steering and its been holding its ground at the local spot we race at. it already has a few under its belt

Old 11-16-2009, 10:15 PM
2nd Gear member

I thought you were just kiddin when you said muscle was garbage. Come to find out you were serious!

Old 11-16-2009, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by tbl76camaro
I thought you were just kiddin when you said muscle was garbage. Come to find out you were serious!
I have always been a high strong Import guy im just now giving muscle a chance to thrill me because of one of my friends, so i will build this camaro over time and if i don't like it i will sell it and buy some thing cheaper and faster no big deal

Old 11-16-2009, 11:57 PM
2nd Gear member

i have had a 94 ford probe, and let me tell u Found On Road Dead is the truth! yeah it may have gotten great gas mileage, and at the time i thought it was a little quick compaired to my suburban, but then i went and got my camaro, and damn, a 31yr old oil burning needing a rebuild engine/carb camaro stock with old plugs and wires, was WWAAYYYYY faster than my well maintaned probe with an intake lol

Old 11-17-2009, 05:34 PM
2nd Gear member

Trust me, you'll like it. All the money some people put in imports, they could have put it in a muscle car and have more satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Hello! I Just Bought My First "Muscle Car"