New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello everyone,

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Default Hello everyone,

I have just recently traded in my 2010 black on black 2LT/RS 6A for a 2010 SIM 2SS/RS 6M on February 12, 2011.

The weather has been so bad up here that I have had very few opportunities to drive it. Modifications...a work in progress. I have an unheated garage, so mods are slow in coming too.

All I can honestly say is the 2LT/RS was a fantastic car and the 2SS/RS has more than exceeded my expectations! I was a little hesitant about trading her in at first, but it was an opportunity I just could NOT pass up!

I hope to learn a lot on here and get to know a lot of you at the same time.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum and post up some pics of both.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:51 PM

Sorry for not posting pics yet, but I just don't know how. Can someone explain this to me, please?

Old 03-12-2011, 08:02 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

You gotta have 3 post I think in order to be able to attach img. You can you a host site like photobucket or the like and use the img link.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:49 AM

Well, it looks like I can finally include attachments!

Here are a few pics of my Silver Ice Metallic! Still have to get the rear SS badge from the dealership. They broke it when they were repainting my rear deck lid.

Attached Thumbnails Hello everyone,-upload.jpg   Hello everyone,-upload1.jpg   Hello everyone,-upload2.jpg   Hello everyone,-upload3.jpg  
Old 03-13-2011, 02:23 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Why did they repaint the deck lid?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:14 PM

The first day I brought my Camaro home, the back window shattered out of it in my garage. Upon taking it to the dealership, the glass was falling out on the trunk lid and rear 1/4's.

The dealer ended up finding a rear windshield, flying it into Calgary, repainted the back of the car for me where the glass had scratched it and didn't charge me for the splash guards I asked to be installed. (They were going to cost me $352.00 installed).

The dealership really bent over backwards for me and went to the wall.

I would gladly recommend them to anyone who wanted to buy a car here!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:03 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

What caused the glass to shatter?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:50 PM

Nobody knows what caused the rear windshield to shatter in the car. There was no sudden temperature change, nothing in my garage above the car to fall on it...nothing. I heard a strange noise when I shut the door and my rear window looked funny. Got out to look at it and it was shattered.

I talked to a glass company here and they said that sometimes there is a flaw in the window and it just happens.

I work for a road side assistance company and we have had members call us the day after an unlock to let us know their side window has shattered, but usually that is due to a metal tool coming in contact with the window when the car is being unlocked and it shatters over night.

We may never know what caused mine to go. Just glad it was covered by warranty.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

That is excellant luck for you, good to welcome another member to the forum. I like the silver color on the 5th gens. I bet you are giddy about driving your car as soon as possible. Being from a northern state myself I know how anxious one can get when they cant drive there car on account of the weather.

Last edited by Roachz28; 03-14-2011 at 12:01 AM.