New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello Everyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Default Hello Everyone

I am new on this forum but have been a long time member of Corvette Forum.

Although I do not presently have a Camaro, I am thinking about buying a first generation Camaro if I can find want I want. My wife bought a 67 Camaro new when she graduated from college shortly before we married. We drove that car for 10 years and sold it in 1977 for $1000.00 as it was it very good condition and only had 89k miles on it. In 1977 you could buy a 67 Camaro for $300 - $700 all day long as most had been ragged out by then. Because ours was it such good shape we got a premium price for it at the time.

But of course that was then and now another 30 years have passed.

The car I would like to find is a first gen. that has been tastefully redone with a late model Corvette drivetrain (LT1 or LS1) with the fuel injection and computers and rear end set up for fuel conservation. I have seen many beatifully restored first gens, but with gas over $3/gal there is no way I would buy some gas guzzler with a monster crate engine and a thirsty carb that gets 10 mpg or worse.

I have a 2002 Corvette convertible that I regularly get 28 -30 mpg in on road trips. I believe an early Camaro with an LT1/ 6 speed should get at least 25 mpg. I am not interested in a drag or race car but simply a classic that I would be able to drive to a distant car show without mortgaging my house to buy the fuel.

I live in Saraland, Alabama which is just north of Mobile so the closer the better location wise. I prefer to find a Camaro in the southeast US.

If anyone on here has such a vehicle and may be interested in selling please e-mail me.

Sanford Flach

P.S. I am not in a big hurry to buy something immediately!

Old 11-17-2007, 04:58 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: Hello Everyone

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search, too bad you sold it. They are a hell of a lot more expensive to get your hands on now.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:11 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: Hello Everyone

Welcome to the forum. What kind of money are you looking to spend? There are shops that will build this for you but I am sure you will be puting some serious money down for it. Look around a bit and see if there isn't a alternate powertrain combo that doesnt fit you bill. Ebay is a place to look.