New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Hello everybody

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Default Hello everybody

I just bought a 1994 z28 and so far i have replaced the transmission mount, an ignition coil and now maybe a lot more here what happened I was headed home and i decided my car needed a car wash. I was feeling lazy so I was going to use an automatic one well as i was driving over the spray jets my engine quit instantly I tried to re start the engine but I didn't even hear a click. so I think great. so I try again and it turns over. Its dark so i decide it would be best to get into some light so i start pushing the car out of the car wash and when it gets rolling I try hopping in but i guess I was not fast enough because my door hit the place where you put the money in. just barely but enough to stop the car and for me to find out that my door is made of fiberglass (I hope its not to expensive to fix). Well finally i get the car outside and after about ten or fifteen minutes the car starts and it runs but not that well. so I limp it home and now I sit wondering what happened and how can I fix it. I hope it is nothing internal.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:51 AM

Ok just took it for a drive and it runs good now but still want to know what I can do to keep that from happening again. Then tomorrow its off to the body shop

Old 09-16-2011, 12:57 AM
Default Clean cars are happy cars

Well I know my vehicle runs a heck of alot better when its clean than when I have ignored the dust, dirt and grime all over the thing. My husband says Im crazy but I swear it does. So clean it more often but once you get all the bugs worked out you will be so happy. This is your first camaro isnt it? i dont care what year you get they just spoil you. I had a 1980 IROC Z28 and that car just rock and rolled, now I have a very dignified 2002 Coupe with a Faster than most V6 and I get a big smile just looking at her. According to the last sentence of your thread you limped, but she got you home right? I have never had anything happen to my camaro I bought it before 2003 was around for too long so I have probably owned it since mid 2003 and it had 23,000 miiles on it and have never had to take it to camaro for their service department to do something that needed to be done. My husband, my son and myself have done all the repair and maintenance on it. Did you have any dash lights come on when this happened? You can get an old code reader and see if it pulled a code, readers for older models you can pickup for about $30.00. They come in handy

Last edited by kawidirtrider; 09-16-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:09 AM

This is my first Camaro and I love it. when the car freaked out I actually didn't have anything unusual as far as dash lights. Yes i did get it home, but it wasn't running right I am going to give it a real thorough tune-up before I put it in storage. I am going to get a code reader that does obd 1 and 2 so i can use it on any vehicle I ever have in the future. And thank you for responding to my post