New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 02:12 AM
1st Gear Member
Default hello

hello everyone. thanks for having me. my name is erik. i am the new proud owner of a 1985 chevrolet camaro z28 w/t-tops. i joined this forum so that i can get all the information i can and provide some if the opportunity is available. again, thanks for having me, i look forward to chattin with you all.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:22 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: hello

Welcome...post some pics man

Old 03-28-2007, 02:29 AM
May 2007 ROTM

thanks for joining us, post up some pics when you can and enjoy the forum.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:39 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Welcome. Tell us about your car.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:55 PM
June 2007 ROTM

welcome

Old 03-28-2007, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks, i will post pics soon enough. its not much to look at, needs a paint job and i have a new hood on the way. sadly enough the it was wreched by the previous owner and he did a half way job of repairing it. so i have to go in and repair the frame where he didnt do a good enough job. fortunately for me, i have the know how to do it. i will say this though. i believe it has the original paint on it. so lol its blue but i has a purple tint to it at certain angles because of the wear on the paint. had old belts on it as well. found that out comin from dmv. belts came off and started slappin around under the hood. the got hot and stretched off. put em back on, drove home and put new ones on. later that night, i blew out the water pump. ill buy a new one tomorrow. its my baby though and after i get the hood put on it. i will paint it. i dont know much about this car myself. but i do know i would like to make it even more of a monster than it is. but my first task is new tires. while looking at the water pump i noticed the tread was nonexistant on the inside of the left from and severely worn on the right front, rear tires are worn as well but not as bad. so new tires soon. any reccomendations, my limit is about 400 bucks. so help me out.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Sounds like you should check the ball joints if the tires are not wearing correctly.
Jack the front end of the car up and use a bar or something about three feet or four feet long to give you some leverage. Put the bar under the center of the tire from the side and gently lift the bar up and down. You will need someone to kelp you look at the ball joints. There should be no movement up or down. Also check the tie rod ends by grabing the tire and moving it gently back and forth. Again you will need someone to watch for movement that should not be there.
Welcome Aboard !

Old 03-28-2007, 05:24 PM
June 2007 ROTM

woah look at my car I have no front end no motor or trans so relax post some pics

Old 03-29-2007, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member

oh no i just bought the car recently, the guy or girl who drove it probably never changed the tires lol. and thats what it lookes like. tried to run it till they fell off.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:56 AM
June 2007 ROTM

nothing like balded tires.