New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

greetings from Alaska!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by AKleprecon
So I'm finally getting.... A 78 Camaro Z28 with T-tops.

I'm 20 years old and this will be my first real project.. I've built some other things but nothing that will be this cool. I look forward to picking many brains and learning a lot.

I know some stuff but I havnt really worked on any v-8s in fact the motor in this camaro is about 3x bigger than most the engines I have messed with.. That being said I have personally owned 43 cars. yes 43. And no my parents have never bought me a car, I actually bought my first car from my dad for $50, It didn't run and the interior was crap. I fixed it and I sold it for 1500. I'm a hell of a mechanic and I look forward to setting this camaro straight.

Who ever owned this car before me was an idiot., there are so many things wrong with the motor... like the Holley 800 double pumper... way too much carb for this engine. its got the wrong intake, theres no threaded hole for the alternator bracket.. it doesnt have HEI... which I think it should...and it will.

Oh and someone in thier infinite wisdom decided to shave the door handles..

All the parts that aren't on the car come with the car so it should be a matter of putting it back together paint and driving the snot out of it.
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats and best of luck with your project! Keep us updated!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care