New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

GearHead Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:58 PM
1st Gear Member
Default GearHead Here

Hello Camaro Members,

Retired GM/Motorcycle line mechanic. Say, 5 years cars and the rest bike mechanical background for a couple of decades.

I like to discuss theory and abstract of the OTTO-cycle and the electronics and like to mod the OTTO as in old style hot rodding.

Don't know if I can help, but either way... We are going to have fun diagnosing getting that car up and running is just parts is all.

Maybe some of my practical walks may help, may not; as to how I came up with your no start or whatever I know is not too much. But, I will try to help get that car to a point of you looking other places as one suggests so many variables to one area of the car.

OK, That's about it in a nutshell.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Welcome to the Forum!! Glad to have you. Look forward to hearing your take on some of the Tech issues. Please go to Ride of the Month and Vote for the Whammer if you havent voted already. Thanks. See you around the Site!!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:04 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Welcome. Always nice to see more members with experiance to offer.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks, Gentlemen...

Well, I should give you a, Head's-UP about what I know. I may not know the product you speak. But I think if I can see how the part works or someone can explain what it does, I think I might be a quick learn on the item discussed.
It does not mean I could not figure out what it does and why as in sensors do certain things.
I have a gentlemen that is looking for a certain sneeze pressure off a manifold and I am more or less beyond the question is backhoe the thread aiming for the answer as in very basic tech speak.

Yes, it is long and drawn out are my posts. If I am only answering a few tech questions I think can get one to read my basic thought process for diagnosis. It is more to follow the physics than what a person thinks how it works. I have to more or less ask the basics. I mean, bottom line. You may read some guy just pound out the tech.

You can see I use a pattern myself to pound out some speak think and if the other poster(s) or thread starter becomes confused, then I wonder if they were following the basic physics to the OTTO-cycle I was following?

Besides changing oil and rotating tires, my job was to restart vehicles that came in on a hook. They... [dare I say], drove out on their own is I kept my job!

I mean, I like to discuss the issue for others to search for a clue to their other problem. It might not be the exact problem solved. It might be I was off by a mile, but someone read just what their car was doing and it solve that issue. So, was I wrong shelling out fact as in troubleshooting tree variables?

I think you are sort of seeing how I am going to keep focused on the question. I have to sweep all away around adding my backup tech is get the facts focused on the same basic question the person is asking.

Say a misfire is a bad plug wire, but I called a cracked porcelain is detonation or installing a new plug cracked upon installation is the tech correct or not necessarily did it correct the misfire being the wire. But you sure know to remember a plug cracked for a misfire is there you go. I was wrong is the diagnosis over the net is you say to mot toe, I say tomato.

They better call the whole thing off is get their walk of the abstract correct. I am about to give an answer. But it is going to be so book solid is one fact after the other is trip you up with fast forward facts.

Wait till the reversion pipe questions pop up is how old was that basic question some of the testosterone types you have here did not answer in the basic? I am sort of going to be that survivor guy that gets thrown off the island is the tribe has spoken.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:29 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

I cant help but 'read' an accent in your posts, if that is possible. I work with people all day long, from all parts of the world and have traversed the globe twice but still can't quite place it.
Besides your obvious mechanical skill and experiance what more can you say about yourself?

Old 03-30-2009, 04:46 AM
1st Gear Member

I can tell you I have tuned a few bikes in my time; won a few championships racing my own racing bikes. I can tell you, after winning and knowing what you know is who you know is, I've had my days of sponsors that you would probably know their names and the name of their companies.

As far as sponsorship, I do not know what they do today, but in my day, I was rated on their letterhead as an, "A" as in I forgot, but say is, "A rider, ear ya go, here is have as much oil as you want" as opposed to a, "B" plan is plan to have a few case is that sponsorship level. I still have a few cases left after all these years. In fact I use half a crankcase full is that oil is pumping in my bike now is 30 year old oil.

I've raced and changed more bikes during my years racing, I could have retired in my own home; it would have been paid for if not for burning that money out racing. It's worse than "Hero Win" stuck in a vein.
I am picking my nose studying that computer bike and my bike has trickled down tech from the car world. So, we more or less have something in common.

I can tell you how to cheat is 'if you ain't cheat inn, you ain't win inn' is I didn't say that is some moonshiner might have. Say, I have some computer moonshine. We be quite about it or I get them racing types gonna gang up on me to shut up about the, Ohm's Law Brewskis.

You can sit INN a NAS-CAR a lot longer than racing on motorcycles. Bike? I was at that Nascar type level you see on TV. Last two races I qualified front row. Placed 3rd and 2nd respectively and I lead my last race at the drop of the flag; knowing I was going to retire that day is only had to prove things to myself I could run with the best of them.

I am now grandpa status if not greatgrandaddy is still ripping cable, sitting on the world's most fast test is I keep tuning my bike everyday I am on it.

So, here is the deal. I no longer race. I am handing over the tricks is there are no tricks to tuning. I started to work the bike as if right now, we could literally trailer that bike to some race, slap some fresh rubber on it and it is ready right now, we go race. I mean, is the Camaro that ready to rock?

Lettuce Race! Get vacuum, get pressure... Get ready... It's going to be like a proctology exam. You're gonna love it!

Old 03-31-2009, 04:32 PM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr

Wow, quite a history you have. Where are you from?