New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

G'day from PA

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Default G'day from PA

Hello everyone. I've been a lurker for a few weeks, but now I'll bite.

I've been working on a 1996 base 3800 in Medium Quasar Blue since last June. It was a single owner car from florida that made it's way up to Indiana where I found it for sale with 194k miles on it. The body and interior were immaculate, but the engine was on its last leg. So I snatched it up and went to work.

With the help of a mechanic we put in a remanufactured 3.8, and it purrs like a kitten now. For the last few months, it's been waiting for warmer weather while I dismantled the inside for cleaning. All the remnants of cola and whatnot that seeps into the cracks of the center console are gone. I replaced the stock taillight bulbs with new LED versions and I plan on doing the same for the dash, mainly because I've had found many of the 15-year-old bulbs had open filaments. Going for a stock appearance, though I might consider red lights for the dash because they look so wicked in my buddy's firebird.

Other than that and the ICW wheels and grille that came on it, the car is rock stock. If I feel like putting some more money into it, I might consider an exhaust upgrade.

Here she is after I drove back to PA. As [surprisingly!] good as it handles in the snow, I don't take her out much. I'm more worried about all the salt used up here than anything else. For now we're awaiting the warm spring weather, if it ever decides to show up...

Old 04-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome, I have a 96 I bought with a bad motor also. Where are you at. I am in Allentown.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:47 AM
2nd Gear member

Welcome to the forums!

That camaro look's freaking awesome in that color, or maybe its just photoediting making it look that cool?! Either way nice ride, love the grill too!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:52 AM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

hey organgrinder welcome to the best forum ever. great picture. nice ride. lol yep you got the bug now. headers and exhaust is a good start. good to have you with us and enjoy.