New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

first camaro... first car

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Default RE: first camaro... first car

This is what I know from 5 years experience in installing car audio: Bose makes proprietary systems i.e. the speakers only work with the amp and radio, thus all of these things will only work with components of the same make or brand. The speakers often run at a different resistance or impedance on the Bose systems than a standard aftermarket 4 ohm stable speaker, and there are normally more than 4 speakers which is the limit for an aftermarket radio to power, so you'd need a 4-channel amp to run4 speakers and have the radio power the other 2. When replacing a Bose with aftermarket you need a new radio, new speakers, new speaker wire run to the speaker locations , and likely at least one aftermarket amp to run your speakers. The Monsoon sound systems are just as good as the Bose, but you can use their amp with an aftermarket radio and speakers. As far as the plug for a Bose cd player and tape deck radio matching, it's possible butI don't really care for Bose. Like we say at my shop; no highs, no lows, gotta be Bose. Personally I scraped my Monsoon system and went all after market with Kicker mono and 4-channel amps,two 10"CVR's, Polk Momo speakers, and Pioneer in-dash Dvd player; if you got the cash spend it. Cost me a grand, retail for like four. Oh and doing a professional job, fast, that you can guarantee for the life of a vehicle is a little more complicated than just matching up colored wires. I have to fix at least ten cars a week because some stupid people decided it was gonna be as easy as matching colored wires. With a Bose system if you go after market I'd definately recommend that you go with professional install, because you can run into all sorts of problems with the LT1 Camaro's.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 AM
2nd Gear member

DAMMIT my speaker broke again. I'm gonna take off that door panel ONE MORE TIME. Hopefully I'll get it this time. If not, I guess I'll have to wait til I get the money to buy a whole new system.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
2nd Gear member

Okay so I took off the door panel, didnt even touch the speaker, and it started working again. wtf??? is there a short in the wiring or something? Or could it be the amplifier?

Old 11-06-2007, 09:41 PM
3rd Gear Member

Could be just a bad connection, wiggle the wire that attaches to the speaker.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:21 AM
2nd Gear member

I think its in the amplifier, if thats what the little box thing attatched to it is. Either way its been working since, and I found a good transmitter for my iPod, so I guess its fine for now.