New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Christmas HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Default Christmas HELP!

Hello everyone,
I know nothing about cars...but my boyfriend has a 2000 black camaro which he loves, and I wanted to get him one of those muffler/exhaust tip things to make his car sound cool because I think he would like that? His dream car is a 2008 Jaguar Xfc or something like that...so you know what kind of guy he is. Any suggestions on what I could possibly get him? I'm so clueless! Thanks!

Zena

Old 12-12-2007, 08:50 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Christmas HELP!

hello zena, first we need the know if its a v6 or v8.

on a camaro you should do aCAT-BACK ($250-$450)
which flowmaster, magnaflow and a few other companies make
the kit has everything included for an easy install too....

basically it is all the pipe from the cat converter back (which includes muffler....

Old 12-12-2007, 08:55 AM
4th Gear Member

ohhh and if you want to hear it installed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmbuq_8yExw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFCENzZMsDE

a real badass one........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-N8mwHDF5Y

Old 12-12-2007, 12:15 PM

it's a v6.. and thank you very much for your imput...i'm still a little confused but that definetly helps. thanks!

Old 12-12-2007, 12:37 PM
3rd Gear Member

lol, welcome to the forum. It depends how much you like him to buy either an exhaust tip for the car or a full exhaust cat back, lol.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:37 PM
4th Gear Member

in other words.........

dont buy a ricer/honda/import muffler cause he will get his windows smashed and garbage dumped in the seat.

on his type of car you have to get a "catback" from the either of the two companys from above......

it will run anywhere from 250-400 depending where you order from.............

Old 12-12-2007, 05:12 PM
3rd Gear Member

First of all welcome to the forum zpereira1. I too hope to get a new dual outlet muffler for Christmas on my 2000 3.8 V6. Would you be getting this installed for him, or will you be getting it for him to install himself? If your boyfriend is like most people and likes the really loud exhaust I would reccomend going with a dual outlet Magnaflow or Flowmaster catback such as what bluovlha8er suggested. If hes like me and likes a nice quieter sound at idle and higher RPM's with still a nice subtle sound, thenI would reccomend a Dynomax dual outlet catback or muffler. Once you have made a decision on what brand to go with you should check around at your local muffler shops, and ask them how much it would cost for installation, parts, and labor for a your selected brand muffler/catback. If he would want to install it himself it would be best to get the muffler/catback from either Summitracing.com, or Jegs.com. However if your order it online now, chances are that it wont come in time for Christmas unless you pay a lot for shipping.