New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Checking In

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Default Checking In

Hello, with the launch of the 5th Generation 2010 Camaro my mind has begun to ponder what I will purchase once I pay off my 2009 H3 Alpha. Having browsed this site I bit this afternoon I figured I would join and try to slowly gather some knowledge which may help when I proceed in purchasing an additional ride.

As mentioned above, I currently own a 2009 HUMMER H3 Alpha which I thoroughly enjoy. The truck in black with the Ebony (black) leather interior. Once paid off I was initially leaning towards picking up an H1. Having considered it a bit I am wanting to maintain another option which would fulfill a different role. Thus, the Camaro begins to factor into the equation.

Continuing, I currently reside in central Oklahoma and work in a government position. Served a few years with the Marines Post 9/11 including a tour during the 2003 Invasion of Iraq. Being a "Hollywood Marine" factors partially into the user name should one wonder.

Anyways, look forward to picking up some knowledge from the membership here which may help persuade me one way or the other when the time comes. I moderate on a HUMMER site and have to say this forum is setup well and seems to be a valuble source of info.

Have a good weekend and safe Memorial Day.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:09 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

a g man eh. what are u waiten for. trade that hummer in. lol. welcome and hurry up and get a camaro. best car made.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:17 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, the Alpha isn't going anywhere, she's my baby. Just needs a friend to accompany her in the garage at some point. Took me awhile to research the Alpha before I purchased it so I've got some time to go through my "process" LOL

Old 05-23-2009, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice to see another Oklahoman here! Thanks for making the sacrifice to protect us! I think a Camaro makes a great addition to any garage! Just commit and bring one home, you won't regret it!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mikes 68
Nice to see another Oklahoman here! Thanks for making the sacrifice to protect us! I think a Camaro makes a great addition to any garage! Just commit and bring one home, you won't regret it!
Thank you for the welcome. It was no problem, wouldn't give up the experience for the world. I am leaning that way although it will be awhile. While it is probably obvious given my two years of research and planning for my HUMMER purchase, the same will likely repeat for the next purchase. That said, the Camaro seems to be the front runner with great performance and styling for the dollar.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:02 AM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Hi Mr. Hollywood and welcome to the forum. Would love to see more pics of your hummer. Goodluck with your research and I hope you end up with a new camaro.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:51 PM
1st Gear Member

welcome to camaro forums!..glad to have you here!...

Old 05-25-2009, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by orocker
Hi Mr. Hollywood and welcome to the forum. Would love to see more pics of your hummer. Goodluck with your research and I hope you end up with a new camaro.
Thank you. Here are a few shots the week I purchased it. Just needed to get a feel for it off the asphalt. I have a set (5) of Hutchinson dual beadlocks sitting in the apartment waiting for me to choose a 35" to go with. I am leaning towards the new Goodyear MT/R for the beadlocks and the Duratracs (in 35") for the OEM chrome for daily duties. Also plan on replacing all shocks with a Fox Shox package developed by Rod Hall and replacing the lower gray portion of the front bumper with a winch assembly.

Originally Posted by daragez
welcome to camaro forums!..glad to have you here!...
Thank you Dara.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:12 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome man, at the moment about all the information out there on the camaro is from chevy. There have been several reviews of it in several mags. From the members we have here that have new camaro's they all love them, which I wouldn't expect anything different. Only time will tell how they really hold up and do in this market. Best of luck to you and if you have any questions about the new one, the 5th gen section is where you want to look.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:22 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Wow thanks for the pics. Nice ride.

Quick Reply: Checking In