New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

Big Hello to Camaro Forums..!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 04:24 AM
Default Big Hello to Camaro Forums..!

Hi Everyone,

I have revived my Camaro passion now I have the time again, and this time I am going for it !!

Check out what I Did with my Z28 a few years ago..

www.toycamaro.com

Thanks for having me, I will post my questions in the appropriate place.

Cheers,

Jasper - www.superooracing.com www.toycamaro.com

Hey, Sorry,

Here are some pictures, it was a few years ago, and I am in the middle of finishing the Engine bay, and interior. ( ordered new Leir Siegler Camaro Inrerior in Blue Royal Blue )

This is what I was told in 1986 that it was was a " Shadow Edition Z28 " Dealer Edition from California, when I bought it, second hand, one owner in Claifornia.

Anyhoo is has a 85 front and skrits, but the color and wheels etc were all standard.

If someone can confirm or add to that, it would be very helpful, especially since I am looking for the Wheel Capas, that I was also been told should be standard LOL..

2003 by JasperZ28, on Flickr
This was taken about 5 years ago or more, but it has not changed except I added an Iroc from grill. ( and it has a couple of very small ( and I mean very small most people do not see them BUT I DO, very ANNOYING ) dents from other doors in parking lots, mostly from Japanese cars that would have paid a worse mark LOL )

Interior, found, but not fitted, this is the orig...

MVC-103F by JasperZ28, on Flickr
New Lear Stieger Interior, all seats, carpet, door trim, consoles, and headliner being replced new, rear hatch plastics being restored. Al being done in the coming weeks.

MVC-097F by JasperZ28, on Flickr
Don't ask how much to fit this LS3 6.0L, Turbo 350 2500 High Stall Etc. 356Kws back wheel, ( if you want HP I would have to look for paper work from DYNO in 2007 when the engine went in, not doing that now, it has sat dorment in my garage for 3-4 years and a bit clageed still, but very very low K's on it maybe 2000K, but it is being fixed with a minor overhaul, and chrome performance acc and pulleys, and inducted intake upgrade).

Completed Engine covers and bonnet light fixed, and hidden heaps of cabling in the gaurds, all done today, hence my enthusiasim LOL.. Sill need to spray the covers etc, which will be in the same color as the car.

Also another brake upgrade, and 4 Speed TH700 upgrade whcih I will enquire about in another post..

Wwheel Don't ask about wheels LOL..It's like aliens must make them too..

WP_20130316_002 by JasperZ28, on Flickr
I AM looking for this wheel cap .. the onyl thing I cannot find on the whole car FFS ( I hope thats allowed LOL ) The wheels will be Restored in the next few weeks.

car by JasperZ28, on Flickr
I copied my car from this picture, which I got from a Magazine buildup article I pickdd up in a airport somewhere, and BTW I have looked for the magazine for years since..

I have sort of followed this picture with the 86 kit... other wise I have tried to keep the car as standard as posible outside and inside, apart from under bonnet LOL, and even there is is sort of Original.

Here is a picture (Below) of the car in 100% Dealer trade, factory form. It was on a lease. This what it looked like when I got in Australia, thats in Frankston, Victoria that picture about 8-9 years after I bought it and coverted it. You can tell by the crappy Nissan Skyline Turbo Police Pursuit Car in the background, was a great opptunity at the time., in fact there is a story attached.

camhll by JasperZ28, on Flickr

Anyhoo I hope people can see them, and read my text I am drinking, I made them public ( and now the drinking probem LOL ), but as usual I would expect Facebook to Rearbook me again...

Cheers,

Jasper - www.toycamaro.com www.superooracing.com

Last edited by JasperZ28; 03-24-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:27 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

welcome to the forum. neither one of the links are working for me. use photobucket to post pictures, yah the new setup there is not so good but pb still works very good on our site. so you got camaro now?

Old 03-23-2013, 10:31 AM
3rd Gear Member

Welcome jasper

Old 03-23-2013, 08:05 PM

Hey,

Yes have owned my Camaro since 1986, when I worked in San Jose back in 86 I bought a few cars and brought them home, to Australia

My Camaro, I just couldn't resell, I just fell in love and it has been a positive relationhip since !!

Sorry the links did not work, MY ISP is as relable as a Fiat.. will post pictures when I have the site up again.

Cheers,

Old 03-23-2013, 08:43 PM
September 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

"As reliable as a Fiat"! Made me giggle!!! Welcome aboard our humble abode, mate! Make yourself at home

Old 03-24-2013, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chaotic94
"As reliable as a Fiat"! Made me giggle!!! Welcome aboard our humble abode, mate! Make yourself at home
We Aussie's are a'biligin' lot, brain damage due to the hot weather.

Posted Pictures and new post at top of the page..

Cheers, I need to go to bed LOL..

Jasper - wwwtoycamaro.com www.superooracing.com

Old 03-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Welcome to CF Jasper, nice car!