New Members Area New to Camaro Forums? Start here!

The 67-8 Camaro Convertible Removable hardtop Designer/Builder

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
f68
Default The 67-8 Camaro Convertible Removable hardtop Designer/Builder

Greetings from Nort Texas.
My contributions to the Camaro world; In 1990 I finished and introduced the Camaro convertible removable hardtop in what was then called the Camaro corral-The US camaroClub magazine,in the july aug issues. I only produced 5 of these and know where4 of them still are. My 68-The car it was designed on is still the only one in the country that has one-well its sitting on my 67 right now. The last one made was shipped to Max Mules in Phillip Australia, The only customer to purchase one from the CC ads. The other three went to Firebirds, and one is owned By Tim Brown here in North TexasThe guy who accidentally gave me the idea.In 2003 and 2004 I did a F68 hood-A Dana 427 style hood with the center ridge shoothed off and a matching header panel and then a custom grill shell to use billet grill bars because I never really liked the cheap tin trim of the standard grills. I dont have plans tostart making more except another one for wich ever car Idecide to keep, But am going to be talking to some of the big names about the molds before too long,I am now another casulty of the hard times and have just now decided to join in the Camaro forums since have spare time for such thingsI havent been active in the classic camaros latelyThe car has been sleeping for yearsand i have been into antique GMC's, avoiding burnout. hello to every one on the Camaro Forums. F68

Old 01-06-2009, 06:03 AM
HELP ME TOM CRUISE
Yaaarrrrrr
Default RE: The 67-8 Camaro Convertible Removable hardtop Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forums. Looking forward to seeing you posting up some of your advice around here. Thanks for joining.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:51 PM
Default Any chance you're still around?

I know it's been almost a decade, but I am very much interested in one of these if there's a one in a million shot I could procure kne!

QUOTE=f68;272926]Greetings from Nort Texas.
My contributions to the Camaro world; In 1990 I finished and introduced the Camaro convertible removable hardtop in what was then called the Camaro corral-The US camaroClub magazine,in the july aug issues. I only produced 5 of these and know where4 of them still are. My 68-The car it was designed on is still the only one in the country that has one-well its sitting on my 67 right now. The last one made was shipped to Max Mules in Phillip Australia, The only customer to purchase one from the CC ads. The other three went to Firebirds, and one is owned By Tim Brown here in North TexasThe guy who accidentally gave me the idea.In 2003 and 2004 I did a F68 hood-A Dana 427 style hood with the center ridge shoothed off and a matching header panel and then a custom grill shell to use billet grill bars because I never really liked the cheap tin trim of the standard grills. I dont have plans tostart making more except another one for wich ever car Idecide to keep, But am going to be talking to some of the big names about the molds before too long,I am now another casulty of the hard times and have just now decided to join in the Camaro forums since have spare time for such thingsI havent been active in the classic camaros latelyThe car has been sleeping for yearsand i have been into antique GMC's, avoiding burnout. hello to every one on the Camaro Forums. F68[/QUOTE]