Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   New Members Area (https://camaroforums.com/forum/new-members-area-95/)
-   -   17 and got a 4th gen z28 (https://camaroforums.com/forum/new-members-area-95/17-got-4th-gen-z28-57326/)

greenmachine96 12-04-2010 11:32 PM

17 and got a 4th gen z28

I just turn seventeen acouple months back and bought a 96 z28 with an SLP catbak and a CAI that needed a little work. Runs great and its fast for an auto. only 96k miles and just needs a little bit of body work and an owner who will treat it right. Some longtube headers and some rear gears are whats next. Then maybe a few bolt ons and a cam. I definately want to put a slapstick in it and beef up the trans too.

Chaotic94 12-04-2010 11:35 PM

Good luck lol Plan on spending alot of time and money on your car. That's all I have to say. I'd get the body work out of the way before modding if I were you. Just to bring it back up to value first ya know? Just my .02

ChevyManCam 12-05-2010 12:23 AM

when I was his age, i bought a brand new BMX bicycle and was excited just like he is. NO HOT RODDING!! Remember kids die everyday in vehicles from carelessness and recklessness, always do at least 10 over the speed limit. Just my 3 cents

Buffalo02Z28 12-05-2010 12:29 AM

I remember when I was 17. Thats when I got my 4th gen Z28 too.

evilkal 12-05-2010 05:01 AM

Treat it right doesn't go together with cam and longtube headers :P

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 11:06 AM

I no not to go die in this thing. Im pretty responsible with it, no racin on the street or anything. Yeah im doin the body work first and by treat it right I meant treat it like a camaro ( only at the track of course). Besides I dont know anyone with a car that could beat it at my school. My friends 72 nova has a 307 with cam, intake, carb and headers and it wouldn't touch the camaro lol.

Chaotic94 12-05-2010 11:26 AM

^His car is also alot heavier lol

evilkal 12-05-2010 11:31 AM

Bet ya 50 bucks if I put the mods back on, my SIX CYLINDER Camaro would whip your Ell Tee Juan.

Treating it like a Camaro and like an idiot are two different things. If you don't respect your car and beat on it, things won't go well. And you're off to a bad start in your "go fast" and "I'm faster" mindset.

I look to see you around a tree sometime in the near future when it rains.

Buffalo02Z28 12-05-2010 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Chaotic94 (Post 484371)
^His car is also alot heavier lol

The curb weight of a '72 Nova is about 3100lbs. The curb weight of a 4th gen Camaro is about 3500lbs.

Chaotic94 12-05-2010 11:44 AM

Shudup Buffalo! lol Don't ruin it for me haha

garner 12-05-2010 12:06 PM

The joys of having fast cars when we're young. Welcome. Pics are mandatory!

WIspartan1026 12-05-2010 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by garner (Post 484418)
Welcome. Pics are mandatory!

^^^this :)

ChevyManCam 12-05-2010 01:17 PM

evilkil thank you for clearing that up and your right about the mindset thing.

If you know you can beat it, why race it? what makes people wonder is if you drive slow and do the speed limit, dont try and be a youtube junky, race and post, most of those people that race their camaro are either A. SOL and its sitting in their drive way, or B. rebuilding their engine.

I have 200HP and could easily beat most 4 bangers, some SUV v8's and Mustangs, but I still chose not to race them, Id rather enjoy driving the car, rather then have it sitting.

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 01:26 PM

Well Evilkal I dont really care and you can go give a crap to someone else because i know how to treat a car. I havent raced him but ive ridden in both cars and the speed difference is obviuos. Go shove ur v6 where the sun dont shine.

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 01:29 PM

I think i may just stick to the jalopy journal forums those guys are much cooler and have way cooler cars than mr evilkal does.

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 01:32 PM

For everyone else heres a picture.http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...00001001717926http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...00001001717926

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 01:33 PM

I cant get the pics to show up here but they are in my garage on my profile.

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 01:36 PM

BTW everyone who isnt a jerk... I dont street race easy way to die or go to jail.

evilkal 12-05-2010 01:36 PM

I will edit this to be nice...

Fair warning... Stupidity and insults won't get you very far with me. I will shove my V6 and V8 wherever I please... My a*FFF!* is not one of those places.

evilkal 12-05-2010 01:38 PM

On another note. Nice car and I hope you really do "treat your car well."

But it's obvious you have the mindset I was talking about. Sure right now you say you won't race. But wait til you get that itch or your friends are in your car with you. Bet money you'll get all over it and it only takes once.

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 01:42 PM

I actually have a 56 olds super 88 that was my first car and i owned a pick up before the camaro. My car is not fast at all really, ive driven way faster cars. Im also not the only one racing his mouth but I totally agree street racing is stupid. You took my first comment completely wrong and the only reason i know the camaro is faster is ive ridden in both on private property. My friend with the nova's driveway is like a quarter mile or so long. You know nothing about me or my mindset so take a hike.

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 01:43 PM

Well i will tell you ive owned the car for over a month and have done no racing and dont show off like an a*FFF!* for my friends.

evilkal 12-05-2010 01:50 PM

We will see. Racing your mouth = Talking ****.

You take a hike Mr New Guy. I say you're full of ****. You drive like an idiot even though you may not street race. I still look to see you, and people with your type of attitude, around a tree in a year or so.

It happens to idiots all the time. Congratulations. You have made leaps and bounds into the land of idiocy. I will now make sure that every time you make a stupid post on this forum, I will be there to tell you how retarded you really are! :)

ChevyManCam 12-05-2010 01:55 PM

i can see where this is going :icon_lolsign:

Chaotic94 12-05-2010 01:58 PM

Evilkal if this was facebook i would totally have liked that last post! lmfao

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 01:58 PM

first off, How would you know how i drive?... Well i hope you get hit by a train or fall of a cliff of some sort. I was trying to start over cause i think i made a bad 1st impression on u, but u insist on making jokes about me getting killed. Maybe Im not the one who is the immature guy here. Quit making stupid assumptions about people you dont know and practice what you preach (grow up).

evilkal 12-05-2010 01:59 PM

Lol I'm done with this thread.

http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/blogs...ked-GQ%201.jpg

Chaotic94 12-05-2010 02:02 PM

^hahaha. Greenmachine I'll tell you now you won't get anywhere with that attitude. You're new here. Evilkal has been here a LONG time and is an active member. I suggest you cool it before mods get involved.

evilkal 12-05-2010 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by greenmachine96 (Post 484482)
first off, How would you know how i drive?... Well i hope you get hit by a train or fall of a cliff of some sort. I was trying to start over cause i think i made a bad 1st impression on u, but u insist on making jokes about me getting killed. Maybe Im not the one who is the immature guy here. Quit making stupid assumptions about people you dont know and practice what you preach (grow up).

I'm not joking at all. I'm serious. With that attitude, I will expect that to happen.

And actually hoping I get hit by a train or something is against the rules I do believe. I do practice what I preach... My attitude with racing and stupidity. I'm plenty grown up, I'm just getting you all flustered and it's entertaining to watch kids get angry over nothing.

Cry cry little birdy. Mama can't save you here.:icon_couchhide:

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 02:04 PM

No problem but i honestly dont think I started it. I apologize to everyone here including Evilkal. I just hate being judged by people who dont know me and peace....

evilkal 12-05-2010 02:07 PM

I accept your apology. If you don't want to be judged, don't have an opinion. It's true in every instance of every day that you walk around on this planet.

I gave my opinion, you retaliated. You played the system and lost.

This argument is over, this thread is over. I'm leaving now =)

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 02:09 PM

Okay so i broke the rules i honestly dont feel welcomed here so i would not really care if i got booted lol. I think the train thing is expected too, its called karma. My attitude isnt what you think and I hope you continue to enjoy harrassing new members. ... Surprised me by accepting the apology...

ChevyManCam 12-05-2010 02:13 PM

@Greenmachine trust me all of the active members here are good people and respect everyone, when I read this thread, to me it was more like you were bragging with the attitude like your better then everyone, now that you have a z28. There are plenty of v6 camaro's out there that can put your z28 in the rear view mirror.
We are all happy you got a z28, and welcome you to the forums. But you have sent mixed messages, your going to treat your car right, and then have the attitude of a ricer "you know you would win"

Chaotic94 12-05-2010 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyManCam (Post 484498)
@Greenmachine trust me all of the active members here are good people and respect everyone, when I read this thread, to me it was more like you were bragging with the attitude like your better then everyone, now that you have a z28. There are plenty of v6 camaro's out there that can put your z28 in the rear view mirror.
We are all happy you got a z28, and welcome you to the forums. But you have sent mixed messages, your going to treat your car right, and then have the attitude of a ricer "you know you would win"

I agree. I've read through the whole thread a couple times and it seems as though you do indeed have an attitude problem. You're welcome here for sure. And don't worry about evilkal. He always comes across as a major d*** at first but he grows on you later on lol. Just be cool and don't go bragging about having a Z because it will come back and bite you in the a**. Just a fair warning for future reference lol

ChevyManCam 12-05-2010 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by chaotic94 (Post 484500)
he always comes across as a major d*** at first but he grows on you later on lol.

lmfao!!!
That is a sig quote for sure

greenmachine96 12-05-2010 02:21 PM

Didnt mean to come off like i was bragging or anything. Why would i brag to a bunch of guys with nicer cars than me? I dont think like a ricer at all I am surrounded by neighbors that drag race and have hotrods that would blow my doors off and they set an example for me cause they dont drive like idiots. What im saying is i dont have any intention of bragging or having that attitude. My only intention here is to talk cars with other car guys and learn the tricks of the trade. Not to be initiated in by a guy who gets a kick out of messing with new members like a frat boy. BTW im not talking about you.

WIspartan1026 12-05-2010 02:36 PM

nice car for sure. Polo Green Metallic FTW!

Chaotic94 12-05-2010 02:39 PM

Well you came across as the cocky new kid who thinks his Z is the hottest sh*t in town lol. I have nothing against you. But it's no use trying to have a pissing contest with members who have been here for a LONG time lol.
Anyways, Congrats on the new ride. Once again, pics are required lol. And chill with us in the lounge or the v8 section of wherever you please. :)

Chaotic94 12-05-2010 02:40 PM

^My stupidity! I didn't read the post you put up about pics in your garage.:icon_doh:

Chaotic94 12-05-2010 02:43 PM

Nice car! I like the color and the Firechicken wheels. Although everyone who looks at the pic he has of his Camaro in his garage, notice that it's sitting next to a FORD tractor!!!:icon_laugh: