LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

trade needs thought

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Exclamation trade needs thought

hey i was wonderin if i should trade in my 2001 pontiac bonnveille v6 3.8 for a 95 camaro v6 3.4? mine has 145xxx hers has 217xxx
both new trannies. mine has bout 45xxx on the tranny. she thinks she has 10xxx on hers. need some input. meeting up with her today and have everyone telling me not to do it.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

i say do it..even tho it is a downgrade in power a little bit, but even 3.4's are quick

Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 PM
2nd Gear member

217 is alot on a body her tranny might be good but what about engine rear end suspension the body itself i would say no just wait for another trade to come along

Old 01-26-2010, 02:18 PM
1st Gear Member

ya i would hold of until you find something a little better there are plenty of camaros out there

Old 01-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Lightbulb

yea i was thinking bout all that. have so much input from other ppl. i agree about the engine.

this is what she has said.

So I'm selling my Camaro.. I just had a baby in December and the carseat doesn't fit in the back because of the bucket seats.. The car is in great condition, its never been hit and has only had one previous owner before me and it was garage kept then. Its a V6 automatic and is really decent on gas, and passed inspection with flying colors. I put a new transmission in it ( it didn't have reverse when I bought it), it has new tires, a new starter and altenator, I had the suspension done, breaks done, it has a new driveshaft (the ones in the 95's had a faulty yolk), the windows are tinted but that can be removed, t-tops, power locks and windows, and the maintenance has been strictly kept up on every 3000 miles. I love the car and I honestly don't even want to get rid of it.. It's been nothing but good to me.. I'm willing to negotiate on the price and I'm open to trades, but only reasonable ones remember I have to be able to fit a rear facing car seat.

so that alone caught my attention, but im only 21, my bonneville is perfectly fine. i kno it will outhandle the camaro and out perform it. not tht i canre. but all in all i love my car and so does me girl. gunna bring my uncle with me to see the car in about 45 minutes. ill come back after and post more about what the car has to offer and the cons. thnx for all the input and keep them coming.
thnx -tom

Old 01-26-2010, 04:04 PM
2nd Gear member

How old are you??Have you considered the insurance difference if there is one?Limited room,have to tave a t-top off if you get frisky with "your girl" lol!!"01 bonnevilles are nice cars with all the comforts and reasonable to work on($$ wise)so how deep are your pockets?Personally i'd watch for a 3.8 or v-8,but then your pockets have to be just a lil deeper.Sounds like she took good care of the camaro but....217k is alot so be prepared.I have 164k on my z but looking forward to the 200 k mark.Depends on weather you're a "camaro fan".Make your own choice after alot of thought!!Good luck!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 04:12 PM
1st Gear Member

ya i agree btw a rear facing carseat fits just fine in my z28 convertible

Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 PM

i am 21 and another perk i like was the insurance. but its only 10 bucks cheaper. im 231 in the bonneville 221 in the camaro

Old 01-26-2010, 04:21 PM

i would much more prefer the v8 over the 3.4 v6. i work in rtail so i dont have deep pockets. told the chick im possibly not gunna go with the trade. still gonna look at it in about 10 minutes.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:01 PM
2nd Gear member

I would personally walk away from that trade unless:
1) She has all of the receipts for all the service she claims.
2) The car is actually in great shape (no tears on the fabric, no big dents or gouges in the body, decent tires, etc).
AND
3) I just had to have a Camaro.

I just got a '94 Z28 for $4k, with complete maintenance history and only 82K on the clock. It only had a ding on the read driver's quarterpanel, and the paint on the rear bumper is cracking a bit.

Very much worth it for me.

Your Mileage May Vary.

Quick Reply: trade needs thought