LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

a sad day!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:00 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default a sad day!

well it looks like my 95 z28 camaro is totaled. i was driving friday evening from work and it was raining cats and dog outside. all of a sudden my car turns to the left i guess hydroplaned off the road into a ditch into someones yard almost hitting there house. my whole driver side door is smash in as well the rear quarter panel. the front end is push in not bad but bad enough to notice. the car is still driveable but there is this scrubbing sound or something coming from the engine. as well the temp gauge say right at 215 once the engine is fully warm up. anyway the insurance copmany dont want to have anything to do with. what the point of having insurance. different people are telling me to find another camaro body and transfer it to the new body. ok i am all for that but wear can i find a whole body. i was thinking about just going to but a 98-02 z28 or trans am. which way would be cheaper or will both way pretty much evening out.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:20 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: a sad day!

Probably the best thing is to but a high milage V6 car for cheap and use the chasis and body and transfer all of the Z stuff over. Or Just get another Z, keeping all of the usuable parts off of Your old one for spares and to sell off.

Old 10-30-2006, 04:36 PM
1st Gear Member

This would be the perfect time to up grade to the LS1 unless your parcial to the LT1. If so listen to Uncle Bill and find a cheap body for a transplant.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

there is this scrubbing sound or something coming from the engine. as well the temp gauge say right at 215 once the engine is fully warm up
Stupid question, but could the fan have possibly been shoved? Im not too familiar off the top of my head but I believe the fan goes off on those motors at 225 degrees, but there is a small chance it could have a short etc, Im just spitballing however as I have no idea of the damage to the car nor your mechanical abilities.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:09 AM
In the Staging Lanes

If you're looking for a replacement 95 z28, I don't think you'd spend too much money. The work and hassle you're looking at by moving everything over would make me squeamish. I see plenty of the early LT1s for under $5k, buying a v6 may save $1-2k. Since the insurance isn't helping you out, I would part it out myself and use that money to put towards another car.