LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

a question for pete!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default a question for pete!!!

or anyone else who might know.
in this thread: https://camaroforums.com/m_23005/tm.htm
you explain how to take out a window motor, but its in the third gen section.
Is it the same for the 4th gens?

im doing mine and i got the rivits out and now im at the point to where im taking the small screws out of the motor to the holder inside. im doing it all inside the door so its such a pain, and it started to get dark!!!! so you're way did seem alot more easy, and am hopping it'll work for the 4th gens!
thanks pete in advance

Old 04-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: a question for pete!!!

Thi link will walk you through the procedure for 4th gen cars.
http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html

Old 04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
1st Gear Member

yea thats the link i was using, its very hard to unscrew the little srews on the motor to the motor holder....
thanks anyways pete

Old 04-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Droid

The motor is riveted to the holder, you need to drill out the rivets and then replace them with new ones

Old 04-13-2007, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

it seems that somone has replaced the motor before me(the previous owners)
and the was rivits in it holding it to the door but now theres little screws holding it to the holder. 2 flat heads and a phillips screw. so when i went to unscrew the screws both sides of the screws spin!!!!! sucks!! so i put a screww driver on the flat head side and a socket wrench on the out side and tryd to unscrew the screw(to keep it from spinnning) and now im just stripping the hell out of the flat head side of the screw.
its is so hard to hold a screw driverstaedy while i try to loosen up the nut.!!!! im realy realy mad!!! the dealer wants 500 in labor to fix it. and i realy dont want to do that cause i thought i was able to do this but i wasnt aware that somone else did it before me and did a terrible job, they even left all the old rivits in the door![:@] idiots!
pete your'e very wise do you have any ideas of what i can do to get the bolt to stop spinning? the flat head side is pretty much gone,i was thinking meyeb some kinda of cutter but its such a tight squeeze in the door,i just dont know!!

Old 04-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Droid

Try drilling the head off the screw like you would do a rivet, puul the motor out and then push out the rest of the screw. Use slow speed and a good sharp drill about 2-3 times larger than the screw head. May want to start with a small centering drill & then go with the big one.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

well i got a dremal and just cut right throught the bolt so now the freaking regulator and spring all fell out of alignment so now i will have fun puting that back together!!!![:@]
thanks alot pete if i run into any more problems ill post again