LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:21 PM
1st Gear Member
Default PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!

Ok i went to work driving the 94 z28. I was just driving along. i got to work and was in such i rush i didnt notice i was leaking. Well i started the car to give a jump and started leaking anit freeze bad. I dropped atleast a gallon with in mins. So i got it home now and i am thinking a few things and people have told me a few things. I think its either a frezze plug or heater core. Leaning more toward heater core. I have been told is a head gasket but the car is running fine and is only losing anti freeze any ideas. I have anti freeze in the floor board and its leaking under the car to. I have headers and it leaks on the header about where all four come to one down near the collector Please help this is my daily driver

Old 09-23-2008, 02:33 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!

It could be head gasket. When the heads go bad or the valvecover seals go bad, they leak onto the headers. Start your car and smell the exhaust, (dont kill your self) but if the exhaust smells kind of sweet, it could be head gasket. Alot of smoke will come out with the exhaust also, this is because coolant is getting into the engine and burning inside, causing the smoke and smell. Your exhaust may also drip if it is the heads. If none of this is true, then check out your lines and such.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:04 PM
4th Gear Member

correct me if im wrong but doesnt antifreeze on the floorboard indicate heater core?

Old 09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

heater core. take the two lines off that go into the black box on the fire wall, get a barbed fitting and connect the two together. that way you can still drive the car until you can fix it the right way. this wont hurt anything, just wont have heat.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

ok well i will prolly do the heater core first and if it doesnt fix it then i will start the gaskets Thanks

Old 09-23-2008, 09:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I doubt its the head gasket, because it wouldnt leak a gallon a minute with a busted gasket, maybe if he was missing a gasket.lmao.
but the smell and white smoke out the tailpipes are the best check for head gasket blow.
and you should check to make sure you check the lines, cause even a little slit you cant see could be gushin out once it heats up. sometimes when the radiator plug rips like that, it might only split when it gets really hot, like you run it hard with headers...but when it cools down it seals back up. so ive heard, not 100% sure though.