LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

pcm for less or Lt1 PCM Tuning??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default pcm for less or Lt1 PCM Tuning??

Which one would yall go with? I have GOT to get it tuned, and there is no dyno tuned available. so i have to go online or via mail.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:42 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

pcmforless....bryan is a great guy to deal with and will take time to talk to you if you still have minor issues after he tunes it.

i have also used Ion from madz28. gives a good tune but isn't as friendly as bryan and didn't give me much help after i had issues

Old 08-17-2010, 03:54 PM
1st Gear Member

so this solomon guy isn't very good? its just scares me that I have to send my computer to them to get a set tune based on what they think will work great vs lt pcm tuning guy tuned over a week online till tuning is correct.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:35 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i have never heard of this solomon guy. not saying he doesn't know what he's doing, just never heard of him. honestly, if you can find someone with tunercats(or something equivalent) that can email you a tune, that'd be the best route aside from a dyno.

do you have a link for this solomon character?

Old 08-17-2010, 05:03 PM
1st Gear Member
Old 08-18-2010, 01:25 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sounds interesting. i would certainly look into it more before going with the preacher. pcm is well known and has been in business for a while. i am using there tune in my car now. its a 93 and built the way mine is its a very hard motor to tune with the speed density only, ive had one tuner turn me down for services saying he didnt think it could be tuned to run good. i will admit its not running perfect and will be getting a dyno tune as soon as i can get the gears in and have time to get up to olympia.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:16 AM
4th Gear Member

I'm running a tune from Solomon and won't use anyone else.

The data logging and tunes by email allows you to tweak everything until it's what you need. He also answers questions and is quite helpful

he does not sponsor here thus why I don't speak of him often. But, since you asked

Old 08-18-2010, 08:21 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

i hate you right now torque...you could have informed me of this guy!

i'm going to get ahold of him and see if he wants to help me out. who knows, maybe i can get him to be a sponsor. he seems like a really good guy who will help you to the end

Old 08-18-2010, 09:04 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by whammer3024
i hate you right now torque...you could have informed me of this guy!

i'm going to get ahold of him and see if he wants to help me out. who knows, maybe i can get him to be a sponsor. he seems like a really good guy who will help you to the end

sorry

I thought I had pm'd you with his info when you got the new engine.

T I G will now go to the corner for a timeout

Oh, have you seen the schedule for OSU this year? I think they are even playing a couple high school teams. Sheesh, what a terrible way trying to win the Big 10 title.

Last edited by torque_is_good; 08-18-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:07 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

not that i remember but you could have. i emailed him and informed him that i would like to give him a try and see what he can do for me. if i like him, i will start referring everyone to him and hopefully we can work on a future sponsorship from him. it was nice to see that he's done a few vehicles that have 396 LT1's stuffed under the hood.

as far as tOSU, you have to schedule a couple cake games for your out of conference games. the big 10 is a grueling, pounding conference. they will get enough lumps during the conference schedule. they don't need to schedule big names out of conference. i think that's part of the reason they lost to purdue last year, a game they should have just showed up to and won by 35.

the game i'm most excited for and the whole country should have circled on their calendars is november 20th when tOSU visits Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City to take on the Iowa Hawkeyes. man i can't wait to watch that game!

Quick Reply: pcm for less or Lt1 PCM Tuning??