LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

new heater hoses!!!.a problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member
Default new heater hoses!!!.a problem

ok guys
my car was starting to over heat agian at an idle... i noticed that i was leaking coolant as well so today when it finaly stopped raining i relized the hose that was leaking was the lower heater hose the one that goes to the waterpump underneith the car[:@]so i then pulled the heater hoses which took forever and put in these newer ones. i made sure before firing it up all hoses were out of the way of any belts and all

heater hosesi guess they came from a firebird.
theres a little pice hangin off that i circled in the pic... what the f is that?the ones i got off my camro dint have that set up.... what goes there?

now for the real problem its now dark and when i fired up mycar for the first time i noticed some smoke by the heater hoses by the fire wall so i figured it was prolly coolant that came out when i pulled the leaking ones so i let it all burn off... then i decided ok test drive time
i steped on the gas to go and it kinda hestited on take off... and the throttle response was lagging.. power was there but the throttle response wasnt. so then i pulled into 7-11 to take a lok and when i got out the hood was smokin!! i pooped it and there was coolant everywhere on engine u can see how wet it is in the pic.
so my first thought was meybe it was shoting outta thelittle outlet thing so i drove home and had my girl get in the car and rev it high and when she did i noticed nothing coming from that spout but alot of smoke coming from undernieth so im thinkin meybe the lower heater hose came loose? i havent got to check cause its dark now but i was hoping meybe somone else would have had the same exp and can meybe help me out beofre i go check it out tomaro and also if somone can help me with that wierd little outlet thing

[IMG]local://upfiles/3349/B14057C971CB4A49AC2B79AD88481EA0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3349/CE83FB73343E40E2BCF8CD20056A6830.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-04-2008, 08:24 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: new heater hoses!!!.a problem

hey what year is your car. if your car is a 1995-1997 that heater hose will not work for your car be there done that. you will need the heater hoses off the 1995-1997. iwas givingthe wrong hose. i have a 1993 z28 camaro and the hose i bought came off an 1995 z28 camaro with that by pass tube. the 1993 and 1994 z28 camaro had that by pass tube on it and 1995-1997 did not have that by pass tube on it. anyway do you still have the heater hose with that tube because i need one. i will switch the one i have off that 1995 z28 with you for the one you haveit is just sitting in my garaged i cant use it for my car. any way i can send you a pic of the heater hose i have. if you have any question about you can call me at 1-404-219-5687. those heater hose are pricey at the dealership $200.00 bucks.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 AM
In the Staging Lanes

oh yeah i hope you didnt get your opti distributor wet because that coolant look like it all over your engine. just a peice off advice if i were you i would start saving up for one just in case because once that get wet it is a done deal. but again we need to know what year is your car. some camaro and firebird came with that by pass outlet and some didnt. i know for a fact it is on some 1993 and 1994, but 1995- 1997 they dont have it.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member

couldnt i jut go find a hose er somthing and block that opening off? other than that opening the hoses are exactly alike... yes it is a 95 z28 and the hoses came off of a fire bird lt1 dont know what year tho

Old 02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
In the Staging Lanes

you could do that i guess. buy a hose and block it off with a small screw are something. i really dont blame you though those heater hoses are not easy to get too. but if you are going to do it. do it right the first time so you want have to go through that again. i mean it is a reason why gm have those hoses like that for our cars one they both will fit but something different. its up to you how you want to run your car i know that heater hose i have is for a 95 z28 and i cant use itbecause mines is a 93 a28 with that tube sticking out like that.

Old 02-04-2008, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

i can show u guys the contraption i made outta 3 dollars and home depot lol but now it like if i step on the gas it will try to turn it self off then all the sudden rev and sty at a high rmp meybe around 3k er so then let back down to normal again. keep in mind this is in park.. im assuming meybe blockin that hole off is restricting it some how. posted a pic... think this would mess with the performance? pete? anyone? lol

SL1FORU ..meybe we can do a trust thing u send and i send at the same time cause i realy need those hoses QUICK... u wanna do a direct trade? or what.. ill trade str8 across if ya want these have like 10k miles on them i thinkthat is wat the dude said think and they do look good. can i get a pic of yers? if i think they look ok ill give ya a call but id realy like them quick

Old 02-05-2008, 06:19 AM
In the Staging Lanes

hey i can send you mines first and let you inspect it or test it whatever. hey you could call me t 1-404-219-5687 and give me your address and i will ship it out as soon as i get your address. i not hard press for the hose that you have i just know i will need one soon. so i can send mines first. anyway as far messing with your performance with rigging that hose i not sure but it sound like what your car is doing performance is acting up in park. i know you want drive your z28 but if have another car on hand to driveu would drive that until you get the z28 fix. u dont want to make things worst that what they are. i mean it sounds to me like that opti distributor may have gotten wet an thats why it does that when you give it gas in idle. but if you dont have an extra car todrive then irigging it until you get it fix should be no problem but it wouldnt drive long distancewith it like that maybe to work and back home or someting. anyway give me a call. it no big deal like i said the hose is just sitting in my garage.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:06 PM
1st Gear Member

ill give ya a call tomarow i guess i work today and i cant pull the hoses untill tomarow. i will try to give youy a call either today or tomarow tho to give u address or if u want i can pm it to u... if i do call who am i aking for? lol i dont wanna be like "hi, is sl1foru there?" lol
thanks again and i dont plan on driving it im driving the wifes honda

Old 02-05-2008, 02:58 PM
In the Staging Lanes

lol![sm=goodidea.gif]i guess i should have giving you my name. which is marcus. give me a call.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 PM
1st Gear Member

hey man i jut wanted to say that a frined of mine got a hold of the hoses for me so dont worry about shipping them to me.. thank you anywyas

Quick Reply: new heater hoses!!!.a problem