LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Need Serious Help part 2.... The mechanic called...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:51 PM
4th Gear Member

well were not talking about a person to person sale.. i bought this from a dealership in nashville.. albeit a side of the road used car lot a dealership none the less. Now I claimed not to know about the mileage but on the title and registration there are boxes you check saying whether the mileage is to the best of your knowledge correct that you know its correct or if there is not the actual mileage. he didnt check any of these boxes. he wrote exempt o the odometer reading space for the title but on the registration he wrote 70,666 and then next to it exempt and once again didnt check the boxes saying the mileage stated is in excess of its mechanical limits or the odometer reading is no the actual mileage. What i am going to do is bring it to the army legal department and give them what ive got. He claims he didnt look at the history report and hes had it since july. He also said it was a strong running car and didnt have any problems but it started surging and bogging pretty much the third time i drove it... kuz i only drove it maybe 4 times including home after i left the lot with it. Basically if i can find a title or somethign from the guy he bought it from and if it says 140k then the dealership guy is boned for rolling back the odo... but if it says 70k when the dealer bought it then the guy previous is boned... anyway... it comes down to this... like 69 said, the exemption law has nothing to do with rolling back the odo.. its still illegal... he may not admit it but he HAS to have known the mileage was messed up.... he claims to have known the previous owner and he said the previous owner has had it for atleast a year... i cant remember... but that doesnt match the carfax report... this is interesting...

Old 11-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Most dealerships subscribe to Carfax and run the VIN as standard practice so they don't get stuck taking in a pos. Those small used car dealers buy their cars either at a wholesale auction or from dealerships that take them in on trade, but don't want to keep it. So they might not always check them out beforehand. I still have a hard time believing he didn't know what he had once he had it.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:21 AM
Overdrive Member

He pulled out the Car Fox didn't he?

Old 11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
4th Gear Member

I talked to the Division Legal Department and they said i have a pretty good case and now i have an appointment tomorrow at 1030

Old 11-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Good luck then. You'll need to prove at least two things...that he had a record of the actual miles, and that he knew what the actual miles were. If there's nothing with his name on it that documents the true mileage, then it will be real easy for him to play dumb "gee I didn't know"! And you wouldn't be able to prove that he did know. Remember, winning in a court of law is all about what you can prove, not what you suspect. For your sake, I hope you have some kind of proof.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:41 PM
4th Gear Member

goddamnit... this is like law abiding citizen... only im just an infantry grunt... im not a spec ops think tank on how to kill people.... Ive got nothing but the history report and a form he filled out writing that the mileage was 70666. however on that paper he was supposed to check boxes saying this is the actual mileage to the best of his knowledge, this isnt the actual mileage or this is 100% the actual mileage and he knows that for a fact... he didnt check any of those... im just hoping that we can put enough judicial pressure on him to make him accept the deal of atleast paying for the installation. which is only like 2k... i mean honestly i didnt beat the car at all, i never floored it i never did any burn outs nothing... cylinders dont just explode when you speed up from 50 to 60mph gradually to pass someone. I mean i bought the car with his word that it was a sound vehicle and tennessee law states that dealers cant sell a car without an "implied warranty" which means its an implied task of the dealer to ensure the soundness of a vehicle. and i was told/believed it had 70k.. and a car with 70k shouldnt be destroying pistons when accelerating only 10mph... no matter how quickly i sped up.. Idk im going to talk to the lawyer tomorrow. plan is to jst buy the engine in case i dont win anything, that way i have a motor.. if things go my way and i win i can just sell this LT1 i was told about and have a whole new motor installed... but im just going to go with newtons law on this one and have this other LT1 on stand by.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by Spartan66
...tennessee law states that dealers cant sell a car without an "implied warranty" which means its an implied task of the dealer to ensure the soundness of a vehicle.
OK, I'm not in Tennessee. So does that mean there was some kind of "warranty" period that you were given with the car?
For plan B, did the Army issue you your gun yet?

Old 11-12-2009, 06:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
OK, I'm not in Tennessee. So does that mean there was some kind of "warranty" period that you were given with the car?
For plan B, did the Army issue you your gun yet?

Old 11-12-2009, 06:21 PM
4th Gear Member

Lol yep, not only am i assigned an M4A1 and qualified expert marksman several times im also in the mortar section and qualified expert on the 60mm mortar system, so i can just call down some 60mm High Explosive rounds lol fire for effect.

Attached Thumbnails Need Serious Help part 2.... The mechanic called...-cannon.gif   Need Serious Help part 2.... The mechanic called...-stationarygun.gif  
Attached Images    

Last edited by Spartan66; 11-12-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:28 PM
4th Gear Member

with that being said, if any one wants to partake in a LT1 swap, you may have the opportunity to soon. it all depends on what happens tomorrow. because im going to look at the motor in town with my buddy saturday after I get paid.

Quick Reply: Need Serious Help part 2.... The mechanic called...