LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 02:06 PM
1st Gear Member
Default need help

i asked about this in my thread but i need a faster response. i got a week to have this fixed.

I got a knocking that jus started the other day. the car still seems to be running fine. i checked the header bolts and the on tight so i should have an exhaust leak. right? i took a video with valve covers on and another with them off. the rockers seem to be aight but i dont know how to tell for sure. they all movin none more than another so i guess they aight.

camaro ticking - YouTube

94 camaro z28 ticking - YouTube

Old 12-21-2011, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

i tried to do something i saw on youtube. with the motor runnin i loosen the rocker arm till i heard a tick then i tighten it back with an extra 1/4 turn. that didnt fix it. the tick i have is louder than that or what i got from the rocker arm.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:20 PM
4th Gear Member

one of these days people will listen to me when I recommend these

Percy's High Performance 66031 - Percy's Seal-4-Good Header Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

live and learn sarge

oh, and Merry Xmas and if you are being deployed PLEASE BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-21-2011, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Percy's is what I got u recommended them earlier. ill replace them and c if that works. naw I'm
not deploying. not yet atleast jus goin back to the line. I won't have a spare car or time to deal wit it anymore. thanks for the support

Old 12-22-2011, 07:34 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sgtdupree
Percy's is what I got u recommended them earlier. ill replace them and c if that works. naw I'm
not deploying. not yet atleast jus goin back to the line. I won't have a spare car or time to deal wit it anymore. thanks for the support
you're thanking me? You're thanking us?????

sheesh, talk about humility: No sarge, thank you

if you have percy's, then loosen the bolts and retighten. you won't need new ones

it's almost as if there is a pinhole somewhere but I'd need to stuff my fat head in there to listen