Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:53 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by L48Berlinetta
Yeah... People don't even think of the big picture here. My neighbor says
his Honda is assembled here in the U.S., well... that's all fine & good - but
the money goes overseas. Honda doesn't pay tariffs on anthing (parts &
such) On the other hand, if parts, cars, etc. go over to Japan the charge
anywhere from 15% - 27.2% on anything that enters the country.

People refuse to see that this is part of the reason we are in a
"Repression" here. Maybe US govt. could get out of trouble if we
impossed tariffs on anything that enters the country? Hello... UH-
Duh- uh ... We need to treat foriegn countries the same way they
treat us!

Sorry... I really didn't want to go political here. Tired of being call a
socially irresponsible person for driving an American Muscle Car!!
Yeah, our gov takes care of others before us. like wtf, why should I keep paying my taxes? its just goes to some idiot overseas.

We need a new system of "isolationism"
During the Interwar years (1918-1939), the United States had a foreign policy of non-intervention and neutrality in foreign affairs. Despite such attempts of isolationism, the United States was a world power at the turn of the 20th-century. Hence, the United States found it increasingly difficult to remain neutral in such conflicts such as World War I and World War II, despite widespread opposition held by the American people.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:12 PM
1st Gear Member
Smile WE need to set up a burn-out party !

Sounds like we could BrbyQ some ribbs and steak w/ Bud.
Smell some smoke !! Born,work,buy,die in the USA

Old 08-03-2009, 07:56 PM
jmc

I have never bought a car because of gas mileage. It has always been for one that I wanted to own and drive. I haven't calc. out my gas mileage on the camaro I currently have in a while, but when I did I was getting around 19 when I drive smartly

Old 08-04-2009, 03:42 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by CNCman
Sounds like we could BrbyQ some ribbs and steak w/ Bud.
Smell some smoke !! Born,work,buy,die in the USA
I had ribbs and beer sunday night lol!

Old 08-04-2009, 05:44 PM
In the Staging Lanes

This reminds me of that South Park episode where everyone starts driving a Prius and they pollute the air with "smug".

Old 08-07-2009, 09:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I work for a honda dealership. And it has come to my attention that everyone who drives a ridgeline is a tool. And when the ridgeline won truck of the year i almost puked.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:03 AM
In the Staging Lanes

how the hell was it Truck of the year?? who got paid off for that one??

Old 08-08-2009, 06:08 PM
1st Gear Member

The other part of that clunker law is recycle but they are only getting $.07/lb on shread so they are losing money. I think my 95 six speed car gets great mileage. I owned an 02 TUNDRA good truck except for the tranny which was replaced, and the front brakes warp pretty quick fixed with a set of crossed drilled rotors, but my z went as far on 15.5 gallons as my tundra did on 25. A man I worked with told me to sell my car one time and "get something more practical". The guy drove a 3500 cummins dodge what kind of crap is that?

Old 08-09-2009, 01:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Whats so bad about those old foreign clunkers is they leak more fluid and burn more oil than i change every three thousand miles. Oh yeah by the way a lot of your companies rite here in the good ol us of a are up to their eyes in foreign car companies.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:20 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by carguylt1
Whats so bad about those old foreign clunkers is they leak more fluid and burn more oil than i change every three thousand miles. Oh yeah by the way a lot of your companies rite here in the good ol us of a are up to their eyes in foreign car companies.

You talking to me? If so, at my plant about 90% of production is for Ford, the other 10% is between GM, ADA Solutions, Jag and another company that we just make a door skin for.

At our last meeting, our PM said we were at 95% capacity and had to make room for 3-4 more jobs. We are at 100% if not more right now. We run 6 days a week and once in a while 7 days, all 3 shifts. We make Truck and SUV parts. We only make a very few car parts in the whole corp. and they are for the Vette, stang and GORs for some other Ford products like the crown vic, and the Grand Marquis GOR runs in two injection presses 5 days a week and are also painted on the paint line. Up to our eyes in foreign cars are we? Nah, more like Ford.

Quick Reply: My '96 LT-1 Z28 is NO CLUNKER!