LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

LT1 top speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:22 AM
2nd Gear member

x01660 - Could you get rid of the video in your sig? It is killing my page load times.

Be really careful about running on public roads like that. Even if they are deserted. If a coyote or other desert critter were to cross in front of you, it would definitely not turn out well for you, your car, or the critter.

It would be far better to go to a local track when they have a test and tune day. Additional benefit would be they normally have a wrecker and emergency crews there in case of something bad happening.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Every once in a while i like to push her to her limit and ive gotten around 155 and shes smooth as ever all i have for suspension upgrades is some kyb shocks...road choice is important tho i had to pass someone at about 145

Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I can get my car up to about 35, maybe 45 in between stop lights here in the city. lol No desert roads here in Ohio.

Originally Posted by Grandpaswagon
Be really careful about running on public roads like that. Even if they are deserted. If a coyote or other desert critter were to cross in front of you, it would definitely not turn out well for you, your car, or the critter.
Yup...

"Joe Gibbs Racing driver Brad Coleman was testing a Gibbs NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car at Toyota Arizona Proving Grounds earlier this week and came onto the radio and told his crew something rather unusual.

"Guys, I hit a coyote," Coleman said.

Coleman was running close to 200 mph around the 10-mile test track when he saw the animal wander under the outside guardrail.

"I'm in the middle of the corner, and I'm doing like 190," Coleman said Friday at Nashville Superspeedway before practicing his Nationwide Series car. "I'm just cruising. You run the high line there, because that's where the most banking is. It's the high-speed lane. There's just a guardrail there like on the freeway.

"I see this thing, it must've been 100 feet in front of me, just jump out. Right when I saw it come out from under the guardrail, I was like, 'That's a coyote.'"

"It just started smoking like crazy," Coleman said. "And it smelled terrible. I didn't see anything in the mirror, so I was like, 'I wonder where it went?' I said, 'Guys, I hit a coyote. I'm going to come in because I think it screwed up the radiator. I think it clogged up the

grille a little bit.'"

This happened last year. I got off another forum I go to.

Last edited by Kubs; 07-28-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Originally Posted by Kubs
"Joe Gibbs Racing driver Brad Coleman was testing a Gibbs NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car at Toyota Arizona Proving Grounds earlier this week and came onto the radio and told his crew something rather unusual.

"Guys, I hit a coyote," Coleman said.

Coleman was running close to 200 mph around the 10-mile test track when he saw the animal wander under the outside guardrail.

"I'm in the middle of the corner, and I'm doing like 190," Coleman said Friday at Nashville Superspeedway before practicing his Nationwide Series car. "I'm just cruising. You run the high line there, because that's where the most banking is. It's the high-speed lane. There's just a guardrail there like on the freeway.

"I see this thing, it must've been 100 feet in front of me, just jump out. Right when I saw it come out from under the guardrail, I was like, 'That's a coyote.'"

"It just started smoking like crazy," Coleman said. "And it smelled terrible. I didn't see anything in the mirror, so I was like, 'I wonder where it went?' I said, 'Guys, I hit a coyote. I'm going to come in because I think it screwed up the radiator. I think it clogged up the
grille a little bit.'"

This happened last year. I got off another forum I go to.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:59 PM
The Mustang Hunter

This is true... I just don't know where to take it to go that fast. Drag racing is boring, as it's one 1/4 mile. I love top speed runs and twisties. I can't tell you how many times I've driven Mulholland Drive...

Oh well. Looks like I'm gonna have to make a trip to Utah...

x01660

Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Eeewwwwww!

Old 07-29-2011, 03:45 PM
The Mustang Hunter

That was pretty bad... I remember the last time I went out the desert. I hit a jackrabbit doing 80 MPH... Knocked its head clear off with the air dam...

x01660

Old 08-14-2011, 11:30 AM

Here in California on the I-5 is a long stretch of straight road...right before Coalinga near Harris Ranch u can punch the gas and see what the V8 can do...I got up to 140 but didn't push it to much further. But be careful comin out of the valley into n thru Coalinga. Right before Harris Ranch chp can't post up on side of the road to clock ur speed so they wait for u comin out of that valley of straight away to catch u. That poor mustang I was running got caught pushing at least 120 plus....I cruised down to a nice 80mph n went on my way ticket free n one mustang notch more on my z28's belt.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:16 AM
The Mustang Hunter

Originally Posted by Bmack
Here in California on the I-5 is a long stretch of straight road...right before Coalinga near Harris Ranch u can punch the gas and see what the V8 can do...I got up to 140 but didn't push it to much further. But be careful comin out of the valley into n thru Coalinga. Right before Harris Ranch chp can't post up on side of the road to clock ur speed so they wait for u comin out of that valley of straight away to catch u. That poor mustang I was running got caught pushing at least 120 plus....I cruised down to a nice 80mph n went on my way ticket free n one mustang notch more on my z28's belt.
^^ WIN!!

Where in CA are you? I'm in Santa Barbara.

x01660