LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

A.I.R adapters on Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Default A.I.R adapters on Headers

I need the adapterrs for The A.I.R connectors on the Exhaust Headers.
The shop I had install them already welded on them so I can't return the headers for the right ones. They siad they could weld the adapters on but I need to find them.
Anybody even know where to start.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Droid
Default RE: A.I.R adapters on Headers

I'm not sure, buy you could probably use the stock hoses and check valves and make some tubing up to the pipes. Does not sound lake a great engineering feat.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:27 PM

The lines are all good. i just need to fab up some kind of connection on the manifold itself.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Overdrive Member

My Kooks came with the A.I.R. tubes on them, the only difference is they didn't use the adapters off the stock manifolds, they just had the tubing threads and the check vavles skrewed right onto the header(they have a couple inches of pipe), all I had to do is get some tubing to connect them to the stock location.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:07 PM

OK,
I gotta back terack abit here. i checked back and it turns out I got the right Manifold with the AIR adpater. It's a female end the problem is I have the stock male to male connector and it doesn't screwinto the exhaust header. The one on the header is too big. So what I really need is a pair of those male to male connectors. The Exhaust side of it seems to be the same diameter as the line fitting side jus t that the threads are a little bit finere than that.

Pace Setter got a hold of me and I'm just waiting on a reply they had to know if it was the type 1 or type 2 connector. So maybe they'll have what i need. Otherwise i thingk I'll be fabbing something up from scratch.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:32 PM

Ughh, idiots at the chevy dealership ordered the second Design. So I had to point out on the schematics which parts to order. It even says at the end of the item description 1st DES, and 2nd DES. So I'll have those wensday and see if that works.

Like I explained before the 1st Deign has a male connector on the end of the metal lines that connect to the header and the Check valve. The 2nd deasign has a female end, and a male/male connector that goes between the header and the metal line.