LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

HP estimates or guesses??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default HP estimates or guesses??

Taking my car to a dyno this weekend. Anyone have any estimates? or want to make some guesses?

Mods are:

K&N Cold Air Intake
Pacesetter LTs
Pacesetter Y-pipe
Hooker Cat-Back
CC503 cam
Comp high energy roller lifters
Comp hardened pushrods
GMPP guideplates
Comp Pro magnum 1.6 roller rockers
Crane 10308 springs
Minor Self done porting and polishing to heads

and its a 6speed if youd like to know...

Old 01-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: HP estimates or guesses??

It's kinda hard to say, but we'd really like to see the numbers when you get them!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:53 PM

Have not dyno'd mine yet but cant wait to see your numbers!!

Old 01-18-2008, 03:35 AM
4th Gear Member

idk but thats pretty righteous work! I worship you as an LT1 god! lol I like the car too, black n sexy.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Ninja Administrator

id say ur going to be mid 300's rw probably.

how difficult was the head porting. i will be buying some ls6 heads for my TA within the next year and attempting to port match them before install.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member

The porting wasnt that bad at all... just a couple hours with a small dremel tool. I used these really cheap sanding heads that didnt last long at all but worked great. I prob went through like 20 of them, they were only a few cents a piece. I mostly worked on the intake side of the heads and ported them to the gasket and to match the intake manifold. I was quite surprised to see that the retangle intake ports on the heads really werent rectangular in some places. On the exhaust side it was mostly polishing and making everything smooth. Then all i did was clean up the valves on a wire wheel and new valve seals and put them all back together.

But anyways now for my story when i dropped my car off to the dyno today. First off there were so many nice cars in there too many to list. A nice nova, new corvette, porshe, an original 69 camaro convertable. But anyways they had just started building there new shop race car. They had a Lt1 camaro absolutley stripped. It was a shell of a car and they were welding in a full roll cage. There waspile of camaro parts in the corner. Not sure what there doing for an engine but the LT1 was nowhere in sight.

Inside the building they had just put the finishing touches on a saturn... yes a saturn. It was on a complete Air ride suspension with a full remote to conrol it from outside the car. on Brand new rims and tires. Under the hood the car was T3/T4 turbod and intercooled. carbonfiber hood and rear wing and it had 100 shot i believe with two bottles in the trunk. Now i know its a ricer but why would u spend that much money on a saturn?? btw the car dynoed out to be 400 horse and almost 500 on the bottle! and FWD lol

anyways ill have my dyno numbers monday... thanks for the comments on the car

Old 01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Soooo I dropped my car off at the dyno Friday afternoon and the guy told me he would dyno it and tune it for me over the weekend and to call him monday to see what it made for power and come pick up the car.... So i called him around 12 today and he said he hadnt touched the car yet and he might be able to get to it at the end of the day or tomorrow morning. Soi have to go back to school tomorrow and i needed my car back. To add to this he had originally quoted me at 150-200 bucks to dyno my car and what not. When i talked to him today he told me he needed at least 4 hours with it at 150/hr and that i needed to pay him to put in a fuel pressure regulator as well as a new computer because he cant even tune them! He said it would be about 600+ bucks... I told him id be there in 20 min to get my car lol.

Anyways sorry guys but I have no numbers for you.. I wish i did and im pissed i dont and that my car is still untuned. Now that im heading back to school it will prob be awhile b4 it happens and gets dynoed. I should have just gone with PCMforless to start with but now im out of time

Old 01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Overdrive Member

im gonna say close to high 300hp around 360-390rwhp

Old 08-05-2008, 09:04 PM

hey everyone i need some serious help!! so first off i just bought a 95 z with 90000 owned by an older gentlemen which has had something done including bore of .20 high volume oil pump bigger oil pan high volume water pump new opti and a mild comp cam and a complete k&n intake. The wierd thing is that he did all these things with completely stock exhaust stock TB Stock intake manifold and no head work besides the needed for the cam. I am wondering what mods would wake up my car the most with these other mods considered and by the way it is an m6

Old 08-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Overdrive Member

Why don't you do the mods that you found weird that he didn't do?

Quick Reply: HP estimates or guesses??