LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

how much is my car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:56 AM
Default how much is my car worth?

ok i have a 1995 black z28 6 speed with tons of upgrades. i bought this car hella cheap and i wanna see how much its REALLY worth.

there was a LT1 crate motor installed at about 71k due to a previous thrown rod (idk what caused it, the guy i bought it from street raced it...) the car has 130,000 on the chassis. the tranny was completely rebuilt at around 95k miles

heres the current upgrade list, missing a few interior upgrades including shift light, new digital dash and AC controller thing... whatever its called.

Upgrade list
PERFORMANCE

BORLA exhaust 3" stainless steel cat-back

SLP mid length smog legal headers

BAER TRACK Series 13" Dual Caliper Pistons with slotted/cross drilled rotors and HAWK performance brake pads.

BMR performance sway bars and polyurethane bushings

Bolt on sub frame connectors
SLP strut tie bar

K&N Filter charger

Throttle body flow booster and throttle body bypass kit

160 Degree thermostat

BMR adjustable pan-hard rod bar

BMR Lower control arms

Crane performance coil

Optispark distributor

SPOHN Performance Adjustable Torque Arm with driveshaft safety loop and polyurethane fittings

Short shifter

Hypertech Power Programmer

SPEC stage 2 performance clutch installed

SPEC aluminum performance flywheel.

Custom 8MM spark plug wires with routing retainers and NGK spark plugs

Aluminum drive shaft from 2001 Camaro

AS YOU CAN PROBABLY TELL...
the car handles amazingly and turns like a dream. this car is heaven on earth. i just want some input on how much u think the car would be worth to sell.

keep these in mind - new crate, new tranny, catback and headers.

thanks guys in advance

Old 12-23-2008, 10:17 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: how much is my car worth?

In the end of November I bought a 95 Z28 for a project.

It had a rebuilt engine. It's an automatic and shifts good and the tranny was recently serviced.

the interior and exterior are amazing. I detailed the interior this past weekend and people are amazed that it's 14 years old. I clay bar'd the exterior and waxed it and it looks great too.

I bought it for $2850

it had saw blade corvette rims and I didn't like them

so, by choice, I bought some black Z06 rims and while at it, slapped on new rubber all around as I'll be giving it to my son when I'm done with it. Again, the wheels and tires were by choice as the ones with the car still had a little life

I also replaced the rotors and pads on all 4 brakes and flushed the fluid, again, by choice as I'm a nutcase about little details

I then replaced the optispark, wires, plugs and waterpump. the engine was running but i detected a slight miss so I figured, an ounce of prevention was in order. Again, the car drove but not what i expect.

I added a CAI and magnaflow catback. Somehow, the catalytic converter disappeared when i wasn't looking.

so, $2850 for the car, the opti, wires and plugs were needed so that is $350 which gets you to $3200

Now, if there were a car with your mods, and I liked the rims/tires, I would toss an extra $500 your way so we'd be looking at under $4,000 and it had best be in good shape on the exterior and interior.

Mods are personalizing a vehicle and tend not to add any value to a vehicle unless there is that 1 specific buyer that falls for the car. Please bear in mind that the car is 14 years old and not a "classic" yet.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Yea He is right when i bought my car i got it for 2450. It had custom paint needed some black paint on the panel has t tops had 120k on it headers gears interior was awesome other than no door panels which i found for 35 from a unlucky guy that wrecked his into a tree. nothing wrong with it and still only payed 2450 is a 94 thou. I love that car and will never sell it i am planning on investing into the car some much that i wouldnt get the value back out so no plans on ever selling

Old 12-23-2008, 12:50 PM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

does it have a salvage title? cause that will hurt its value. i'd say if you got 5 for it you'd be doing well

Old 12-23-2008, 04:15 PM

no salvage title, chrome zr1 rims, and a ss hood. my car actually looks just like urs whammer.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Old 12-24-2008, 08:16 AM
4th Gear Member

Oh, at the end of the day. There are 2 values to everything

first- the value that you place on an item or person

second: what a ready willing and able buyer will pay for your product. With respect to selling an item, the buyers set the price. Either the seller will agree to a price or the buyer moves on to another seller who has a similar product.

I looked at a bunch of cars before buying the 95 Z. Most were way overpriced for today's market conditions.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:30 AM
ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

what you have to remember is when you put performance upgrades on a vehicle...people are automatically going to assume she was ran hard and put away wet and that can scare people away