LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Hey guys!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:20 AM
Default Hey guys!

Hey guys,

I am truely an all around car guy. I like mustangs (lol don't flame me), camaros, evos, stis, and lots of other cars. If its well made, and goes 0 to 60 around 5 seconds I probably like it . I am currently driving a 12 second 2004 SRT-4. Well I am sick of FWD, and the only reason I didn't buy a WS6, Maro SS, or Cobra in the first place is because you cant have it as a daily driver when winter arrives in PA.

Well im selling my SRT-4 it's got around 280WHP and 320 WT (Havnt dyno'ed it recently). Think im gonna drop it back to stock, and sell out the parts, and then my car.

Well anyways tomorrow morning I am going to test drive a 1995 Chevy Camaro Z28 6 Spd. Whats the milage you ask? Only 21,800! Never driven in snow, and rarely in rain. If everything goes well I am going to put a down payment on it tomorrow. I would show you pics but unfortunately they arent JPEG.

Well heres my questions. I honestly don't know much about cars unless its the SRT-4.

What should I look for when test driving it?

What are the best starting mods for the Z28 LT1?

What does a Stock 95 Z28 run 0 to 60, and 1/4 mile?

What are the best websites for bolt ons?

Thats about it guys.

Thanks for your help!

Old 06-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Default RE: Hey guys!

95 Z28 with 21,800 miles! wow, first off what are they wanting for it?

Im not too sure what a stock Z28 will run at the track, im sure you can look around the internet and find out.

As for mods, myself, I went all out and supercharged my camaro first thing with a few supporting mods like MSD and FMU and such.

If you dont have a lot of money to mod it out, headers, full exhaust, and a intake are a start. Headers are a real pain to put in on a LT1 on the passenger side which has put me off on getting them yet on my car. The only thing that I hate about Z28's w/ LT1 is that they are very hard to work on and a lot of places wont even touch them without a heavy price due to the engine being packed in so tightly; you usually have to take off and move around a lot of things to get to the part you want to work on or have replaced

As for what to look for when test driving the car, anything that you would look for while driving any other car. With almost 22,000 miles on it, you probably wont have any problems with the tranny or engine! Just make sure it drives to your liking.

And as for best website for parts, I have always favored summit racing. www.summitracing.com They have a very large selection of parts and a very helpful staff to assist you with any problems or questions you have.

By the sound of it, you found a very nice car and wouldn't let that opportunity pass you by

Good luck!
~Richard